Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 31 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app.

@Graham_A 

Good to hear things are going well with your V6 with MRS working well and also the Virgin TV Control app, except for the slow V6 connection problem.

Why TiVo connects faster is difficult to understand, given TiVo and V6 run similar TiVo software.

Hopefully the Android/V6 connection time issue will be resolved soon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 32 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV control app.

Hello there keyworthowl, 

Sorry you're having some issues with the remote app; can you confirm what version you are using? 

What happens when you try and connect to the device? Any error messages showing? Have you tried deleting and uninstalling and re-installing the app?

If you are able to download the app to the device - pop along to the "help" tab on the main menu for more troubleshooting Smiley Happy 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 33 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin tv control android app.

Hi Johnny1983, 

Thanks for your post - very sorry that you're having some issues with the remote control app - 

Have you ever been able to use the app? Do you have the same issue with the TVGo app at all? 

When you say it is stuck on connecting - is this after you have been able to log in? Is it just trying to connect to one of your boxes? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Johnny1983
Superfast
Message 34 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie 

My TV control app is working now. It was last week I had problems with it buffering on connecting. I did speak to your broadband tech team. Which was in India. He said my broadband was running slow. Due to high utilisation in my area. I don't know if slow broadband would affect my tv control app connecting ?🤔

J.H
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 35 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnny1983

This may cause the remote app to run slower, if it happens again click on data to see if anything changes 

Kind regards 

Chris 

0 Kudos
Johnny1983
Superfast
Message 36 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Wheres the data option?🤔

J.H
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 37 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnny1983

You would switch the WiFi off and click on data on the phone settings and this would show if it is a connection error 

Kind regards 

Chris 

0 Kudos
Johnny1983
Superfast
Message 38 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris 

The data was fine on my phone when I had trouble connecting to my tv control app 😐. I think it must of been an issue remotely. I was at work when I had problems with the app 😐. 

J.H
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 39 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnny1983

Please let us know if anything changes

Kind regards 

Chris