Menu
Prso9
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app.

There's also an issue with the Sky Sports app!!

_20190206_204020.JPG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 39
Flag for a moderator

@Prso9 wrote:

_20190206_204020.JPG

I'm pretty sure that is a separate issue.

I haven't been able to view live feeds on the sky sports Android app since December 2018.  I have an open fault reference with VM/Sky on that particular issue.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 39
Flag for a moderator

@Prso9 wrote:

_20190206_204020.JPG

There is help on that here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Sky-Sports-Cinema-app-error-OVP-00200/td-p/3918426

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 14 of 39
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr wrote:

@Prso9 wrote:

_20190206_204020.JPG

There is help on that here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Sky-Sports-Cinema-app-error-OVP-00200/td-p/3918426

Thanks Ben.  But to clarify, that is a different issue to the current TV Control issue, and is also different to my outstanding Sky Sports and Sky Cinema app problem.

Slim760
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have the same problem. Tried rebooting so called super hub 3 and reinstalling app on phone and tablet. Should have come to forum first as it's obviously a Virgin fault! Super hub been dropping out a lot recently due to a known design fault with chip, thought that might have been the reason. Let's hope a fix is forthcoming soon.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 16 of 39
Flag for a moderator

@Slim760 wrote:

Hi I have the same problem. Tried rebooting so called super hub 3 and reinstalling app on phone and tablet. Should have come to forum first as it's obviously a Virgin fault! Super hub been dropping out a lot recently due to a known design fault with chip, thought that might have been the reason. Let's hope a fix is forthcoming soon.

Thanks for your reply.

The Hub3 has never been called a super hub by Virgin Media. If you are having an issue with your hub connection then you need to post in the appropriate forum or call in on the customer service number. The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

Superuser
Superuser
Message 17 of 39
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

Interesting, same for me on my Android 8 phone.

I wonder if this is some sort of attempt to fix the slow connect problem which the Android version of the app still suffered after the iOS version was fixed? The iOS version is still working.

Further thought.  I don't think it can be connected to the slow connect problem with V6 boxes, as in my experience this has never been an issue with the older TiVo box.

Johnny1983
Superfast
Message 18 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Virgin tv control android app.

Hi.

My virgin tv control android app is stuck on connecting. It's been stuck since yesterday after 4pm 😐. 

I've tried uninstalling & re-installing with no luck. 

It's still stuck on connecting this morning 0730am 😐. 

I have the samsung galaxy s9 with latest updates. Software is up to date. So is your tv control app. 

J.H
0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 19 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Sorry for the trouble you've had with TV Control, I've had a look and can't see any outages being reported last night. 

Is it still happening this morning? I'll do some digging and see what I can find out.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 20 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Still happening.

Sticks on connecting and the spinning circle. I left it for ages last night and it never timed out which at least would be better than the false hope that it would actually connect.

0 Kudos