Menu
Dolarhyde
Up to speed
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

TV Control app problems

After a frustrating 30 minutes on the phone to the technical help, I wonder if anyone here has any useful advice.

For the last two days the tv control app has not been working for me. On the guide, every channel is “To be announced” and if I input a channel number in the search field, every channel is showing the schedule for channel 404... which I don’t even have in my package.

I’m using the app on iPhone 6S on the same WiFi network at my TiVo V6 Box.

Ive tried deleting the app, restarting my phone, reinstalling the app from the App Store to no avail.

Tech help couldn’t help. I’ve been told somebody will call be back “within 48 hours”

9B98247E-C029-4A62-9826-7954560087C2.png

E4688259-7DF6-49A1-A638-96DBAF1F1048.png

F5C4A573-2B28-4D65-A62D-6016D6EE0C4A.png

Here are some screen-grabs showing the problem.

Everything else is fine. I can use the app to see My Shows & My Planned Recordings, but The Guide is completely off.

I’d be grateful for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Dolarhyde
Up to speed
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app problems

No suggestions?

No call back from technical help either.

Some additional information: the problem persists with my phone on 4G.

Can somebody please give me a hint as to what could be wrong here?

0 Kudos
Dolarhyde
Up to speed
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've just downloaded the app on to a different iphone, logged in and the result is exactly the same. It is therefore not a fault with my phone.
0 Kudos
Dolarhyde
Up to speed
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Today I have restarted the Hub 3 and the V6 box. This made no difference to the TV Control app problem, but I did notice that there’s also an additional problem...

Using the V6 remote, every show I clicked on Explore This Show > Upcoming, resulted in “There are no episodes available to record in the next two weeks.

See the photo below, where I searched for Friends as an example.

I’d really appreciate some sort of response... do no Virgin techies read these forums?

D51BC7E5-06FA-4F6B-96B2-650AD34CF9A9.jpeg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Is your Guide full?

0 Kudos
Dolarhyde
Up to speed
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is. I hadn't noticed a problem (besides the TV Control app) before today.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It looks like your Guide on V6 is corrupted.

I believe it can be re-built using the ‘Clear Programme Info & Planned Recs’ function on your V6.

Home > Help & Settings > Clear or Reset TiVo box > Clear Programme Info & Planned Recs >

Do not, in my opinion, try the more severe ‘Clear & Delete Everything’ option - there are a few reports of it not completing successfully.

0 Kudos
Dolarhyde
Up to speed
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, Ernie, for your suggestion.

I was reluctant to clear my planned recordings before making notes, as the thought of setting everything up again was awful.

I had one last try, cleared the V6 cache, rebooted the box and, like magic, everything is as it should be! Even the app is working correctly.

I am very grateful you took the time to reply.

I am less than happy with Virgin technical support, who on two separate occasions (today and Tuesday) promised me that someone would call me back with a solution... I imagine I'll be waiting for a very long time!

timbo_bobcat
Dialled in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem with the TV Control app and the Upcoming shows. How do you "clear the V6 cache" and does this delete anything I need (eg upcoming recordings)?

0 Kudos
Flying_Kiwi
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C provided a post that's been marked helpful and that describes exactly how to clear the guide cache a few posts up - are you having problems with that on your V6 box timbo_bobcat? Tell us what you've tried and what happens. You shouldn't loose recordings if you only clear the guide cache, it's only if you take more drastic action that you'll erase your recordings. What device is TV Control installed on for you and does it normally work OK to download recorded programs from the V6 box to watch offline or stream via WiFi to this device? I'm looking to buy a suitable tablet that'll work fully in this regard.

0 Kudos