Menu
timbo_bobcat
Dialled in
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app problems

Flying_Kiwi
Sorry, I thought that "Clear Programme Info & Planned Recs" must different to "clear the V6 cache", the way I read the OP's last post.
And I thought it might erase future planned recordings given its title, and I didn't want to do that as we have loads of series links etc set up. It might be helpful to understand exactly what gets erased and what doesn't.

In my case, the app problem did go away after I rebooted the V6 box, though not immediately, which threw me a bit until I tried again.
0 Kudos
Flying_Kiwi
Fibre optic
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Oh I see now. Glad to read its been sorted timbo_bobcat and the old switch it all off then switch it back on again has done the trick (eventually). I later read (in another post of yours) that you are using an iPhone with TV Control. Have you tried using any tablets with the App at all and had any success downloading and/or streaming pre-recorded content from your V6 box. I'm looking to buy a tablet that actually works with this app but as Virgin Media don't say what they've tested with it, I need some tips from real world users (if there are any that have got it to work on a tablet). I see that Virgin listed a 'Telly Tablet' on their website but that's now out of stock.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dolarhyde
Up to speed
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

To clear the cache,

Go to the Home screen, Thumb Down, Thumb Up, Play, Play.

The screen will go blank for a few seconds and voila! Cache cleared.

This doesn't delete anything useful, and often make the box a little quicker to respond.

0 Kudos
timbo_bobcat
Dialled in
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I’ve not tried to do that on my phone. Thanks for the help though

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi timbo_bobcat,

Can you try this for me on the TV box. Home, Help and Settings, Settings, Network, Connect to the Virgin Media service now. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
timbo_bobcat
Dialled in
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but I’m all working fine now!

@John_GS wrote:

Hi timbo_bobcat,

Can you try this for me on the TV box. Home, Help and Settings, Settings, Network, Connect to the Virgin Media service now. 

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos