cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Control app not connecting

CatP
Tuning in

I use the TV Control app daily but last night it suddenly wouldn't connect and so I wasn't able to use it.

I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but it still won't connect.

I really need suggestions for this because every day I watch recorded programmes on my phone using the TV Control app because I have health issues, so I rely on it during the night when I'm awake due to pain.

7 REPLIES 7

CatP
Tuning in

No, I still can't use the Virgin TV Control app!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

If a TiVo, do you have a separate Ethernet cable run from the box to your router?

What happens when you try to connect to your box using the app?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

• I have 1 Tivo and 2 V6 boxes. The app is still not working. It just says there are technical issues that they are working on. But I rely on the app due to my health and this is going on too long, which is unacceptable.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This thread is a classic example of why "me too" posts are best added to a new thread rather than jumping on someone else's.

@CatP 

At what stage of loading the app does this error occur? Does it start connecting to your box then fail?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi CatP, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the TV control app not connecting, can you confirm which firmware you have and the device which you are using?. - Chris. 

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CatP 

Thanks for raising the issue to us.

We have been liaising with our support team and we just need to check the following.

• Are you on the same WiFi connection on both the device you are using the app on and the V6?
  • Have you got your standby settings on the box as either 'Connected Low Power' or 'Always On'?
  • Have you been able to try any other devices to see if this issue still persists?
  • Have you been able to reinstall the app and set it up from scratch again to see if this resolved the issue?

If you could let us know on each points ASAP we can let the support team know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hey @CatP  , our Support Team has been tinkering in the background, can you let us know if it's working for you now?

Cheers,

Lisa