cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Control Sign-in Error - login page could not be reached

authentic8
Dialled in

When I run the TV control app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab (Android 8.1 tablet) the following error message appears:

The login page could not be reached. Check your connection and try reloading the page.

My device is connected to WiFi (all other apps connect) and on the same network as the TiVo V6 box.

I have the latest version of the app installed and I've cleared the cache and uninstalled/reinstalled.

The TV Go app works fine on the same device.

12 REPLIES 12

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @authentic8,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some problems with the TV Control app recently. Have you tried removing the app completely and then re-installing it?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

Thanks for replying.

Yes I have (mentioned in the post)

Regards

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply @authentic8, I am so sorry I can see you advised this.

Have you tried on a different device? If so is this the only device you are seeing this error on?

Zoie

@Zoie_P I only have one device to try this on, sorry.

Hi @authentic8 

Have you taken a look at the troubleshooting steps 👉 here which may help? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

We have had the box for a few years. I have connected to it before (not more than a few months ago) The TV box is not in standby mode and the device is on the same WiFi network.

Hi authentic8,

Thank you for the update, have you tried rebooting the box and the Router then trying again, unplug both from the power, leave 2 to 3 minutes then plug back in.

Regards

Paul.

Sorry for the late reply. Yes I have tried this and it still shows the same message.

Thank you for your response @authentic8 

Are you able to confirm if the operating system on your device is up to date? Also, what are you trying to use that app for? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs