Menu
NilocW
Dialled in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

TV Control App

Has anybody managed to setup the streaming service with their V6 box connected to their HUB3 only via WiFi? Mine fails at the first Step and leaves the System Information with a status of “Precondition Failed”.

Streaming Live TV and On Demand works okay, and control of TV and recordings, but not possible to stream or download any of My Recordings.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control App

Yes, my V6 is WiFi connected to the 5GHz band and I can access every function of the Virgin TV Control app on my iPad.

It may be worth going into Settings on the app and trying the option marked in red in System Information. See the two attached screenshots which are from my iPad - it may be different if you are on iPhone or an Android device.

7B9BED4B-192B-4F59-B056-5C06C106DC57.png

694590F5-E55B-422C-9A09-05FD2042F0C6.jpeg

0 Kudos
NilocW
Dialled in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie_C.

That’s interesting. I am also using an iPad, but I have the same problem on my Android phone, so I think my problem is the connection between my V6 box and my HUB3 and nothing to do with my remote device.

I have tried restarting numerous times as you suggest (If I choose the Red “Restart” option in the App it then says restart manually!?), which makes no difference and trying to setup the streaming service fails in the same way.

If I look at the Network connection status in “Help & Settings” it says my WiFi is ‘Marginal’, so I have connected with Ethernet cables through Powerline adapters, but it still fails the same way! Which is very frustrating.

I’m glad for you Ernie that everything is working, just trying to get a handle on how many other people are experiencing my Streaming Setup fault.

Why does your screen image show ‘Mobile Devices 0 of 0 if you have setup streaming service correctly!?

Can you watch recorded programmes on your iPad?

Download recorded programmes?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

There do seem to be some others suffering this streaming setup failure but it’s difficult for me to help  further as it all worked seamlessly for me.

I presume you’ll have already tried the usual turn off V6 and Superhub, start Superhub until fully up then start V6 plan?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, we overlapped a bit.

Yes, I have fully access to watch recordings on iPad and download those recordings that are allowed.

I’ve just done a test where I watched Casualty from the start on my iPad while we’re chase watching it on our TV.

Another example:

9224B7D1-DE22-47B5-9CDF-38FBBAB12070.png

0 Kudos
NilocW
Dialled in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You’re making me jealous now Ernie and very envious that I don’t have that functionality yet.

Hopefully TiVo will fix my streaming setup fault soon with a software update.

Anybody else?

0 Kudos
drealmobster
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I posted on another post regarding this. Ernie, can you post the firmware version on your V6 do we can rule that cause out.

You say yours connected via WiFi 5ghz, was it set up like that from the start, as I have used WiFi, Power line ethernet and a direct ethernet connection, all fail. Set up was by powerline ethernet initially on our system.

I presume you have a Hub 3, is this a standard setup, I have changed my SSID and password and given V6 a static IP.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am not on a production version of V6 software but that is not the issue here.

As an early V6 adopter, I installed my V6 myself and have tested both powerline and wifi connection of V6 to my Hub 3.0, finding, in my case, that wifi on the 5Ghz band is the best connection. My Hub 3.0 is an early white one, running current production level with SSIDs split into 2.4GHz and 5GHz versions to ensure that I can control connection to 5GHz to avoid neighbourhood interference on 2.4GHz.

My V6 gets its IP from my Hub 3.0, no static IP.

I'm not convinced this is an issue to do with either V6 software level or Superhub connection method.

0 Kudos
NilocW
Dialled in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ernie,

As you are not using production version of V6 software and not the mainstream release of the HUB3, the fact that ‘streaming’ seems to be working for you is not representative for the rest of us experiencing the ‘streaming’ setup problem.

You say that you don’t think it’s caused by either the V6 software or SuperHub connections. What’s your basis for saying that when by your own admission your not on production V6 software or a production SuperHub 3!?

I’ll ask my original question again to try to determine what might be causing this problem. Have any non-SuperUsers got the streaming service setup via the TV Control App, with their V6 box connected to their HUB3 via Powerline Adapters? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I mentioned that I was not running production V6 software to ensure that you understood that my answer is not fact.

I am, however, running production hardware and software on my Hub 3.0 - it just happens to be the white version.

My thoughts are only based on the 'precondition failed' error and this potentially being an account issue.

You are right to ask for confirmation from others that they have this working. Of course, those that do have it working, and would there not be a lot more clamour if everyone was failing, are not likely to visit a thread about an issue they don't have?

I hope you get this resolved soonest.

0 Kudos