Apologies if this is a double post, I posted a messahe yesterday, but can't find it showing in the thread.
Since I changed over to the V6 box, I have been unable to get the TV Control app to work.
When I sign in, I get a message which states: No Valid TV Control account Found. You have signed in successfully, but no valid TV account can be found. This may be because your account has not been set up, or your account may have been suspended"
I contacted Virgin nearly a month ago, and although they said it would be sorted within 5 working days, it still hasn't been, despite me phoning them several times".
As I'm due to go on holiday soon, I'd really like to get this working without further delay, so I can set recordings remotely.
If anyone from Virgin reads this, and knows what the problem is, and how to fix it, I'd be very grateful. Thanks.
However... I first contacted Virgin Media about this mid-October 2018, and was promised it would be fixed within 5 working days and they would call me to confirm this had been fixed. They didn't. After 10 working days, when I phoned then again, I was told they hadn't been able to fix it, and that it would be escalated, and they tried to blame it on an issue with the app, which doesn't make sense. An iPad app should either work will all iPads (assuming they are running the latest iOS version which I am) or none at all. And I know for a fact that other iPad users are able to use it without this problem.
I suspect this problem started when I changed from a TIVO box to a V6 box, and IMHO it is far more likely to be an issue related to this, and probably needs someone to change a setting in my account.
I apologise for not replying sooner, but I was abroad for the past two weeks, and as the problem still hasn't been fixed more than 6 weeks since I first reported it, I was unable to use it set recordings etc, whilst I was away. This app is something I am supposed to have, and something I pay for within my package, yet I could not use it because if the extreme delay in dealing with and fixing the problem. Saying it has been escalated (which I was first advised of in November really doesn't count for much if in reality nothing is done.
As no-one from Virgin has replied, despite reporting the fault almost two months ago, I bit the bullet and phoned Virgin again, which each times fills me with dread and raised blood pressure.
I sat through ten minutes of Virgin "resetting my equipment", being told as always that it is taking a little longer than usual, and ten minutes later eventually got to speak to someone in a far off call centre. I asked to be put through to retentions (the only department that can sometimes get things done), and after resisting the request to give chapter and verse about the problem, I eventually got put through, where I told a very nice chap there that I have been waiting almost 2 months for this problem to be fixed.
He told me he would speak to the Faults team, and "only be a moment". But instead, I was suddenly talking to someone in a call centre, who informed me that I had said my TV was not working! I asked to be returned to the Retentions team, but was told that was not possible.
She then spent ten minutes asking me basic questions, despite me telling her I had already reported the fault, and that it had been "escalated" back in November.
Suddenly there was a click and it was a man from the Faults team on the line, who informed me the problem had been escalated and escalated but no-one had come back with a solution. He did at least confirm that what I had been told about it being a fault with my iPad was absolute nonsense, and he replicated the problem at his end, once again asking for me to give him my password.
He said he was e-mailing "Samantha" (?) and had no answer when I asked him what I should do if no-one solves the problem or comes back to me in the next month or year.
When I raised the subject of compensation, I was told that this was a free app, so I was not entitled to compensation, even though this is advertised as being part of the package I pay for!
I feel another letter to Ofgem might be the only solution to getting this problem finally resolved. And I am convinced that if and when Virgin finally do resolve it, it will be due to something not correctly set up on my account, rather than any software-related problem.
And you wonder why Virgin customers are so frustrated?
The most frustrating thing about this is that since the same problem occurs with my account when trying to access the On the Go service with a different iPad (which Virgin Technicians have tried and replicated themselves, using my account), it seems clear that the problem is NOT with the app, nor the V6 box, but is far more likely to be simply a matter of something not being set up correctly with my account.
Since other people are able to use the iPad app with their V6 (and I too could use the app until I changed from a TIVO box to the V6), instead of sending this to TIVO (US).
Lest you think this is just my idea, I recently posted of my problem on a forum that is frequented by tech boffins that know their stuff. The consensus there is, and I quote:
"sounds like an account issue that virgin have put into their “cannot be **bleep**” folder... "
Meanwhile, it is now nearly three months since I first reported this, and there is still no sign of it being fixed.