cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Anywhere won’t connect after reset

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength

I’ve been having issues with my wifi so on the recommendation of VM I did a pinhole reset on my router. Everything reconnected as it should apart from my TV Anywhere app. TV Go still works however on TV Anywhere it seems to think that my V6 box and my device (iPad or iPhone) are on different wifi connections so it thinks I’m away from home so won’t work? Had an engineer round who also couldn’t provide me with a solution? 

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the advice from @Ernie_C in this previous thread 

If that fails to resolve, keep to this thread and explain what's happening.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bagpuss12,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you had issues with your TV anywhere after a pinhole reset.

I have been able to access your account and I can see you recently contacted our team and had a technician visit regarding this. Is the issue still ongoing? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength

Nope, still not working. Engineer couldn’t help and I’m running iOS 12 so don’t have access to local network however i do on my phone and that doesn’t work either?? It does look like the app has no IP address but don’t know how to resolve this?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As far as I'm aware TV Anywhere isn't available in the UK, only in Ireland .

https://www.virginmediatv.ie/en.html   and https://www.virginmedia.ie/inclusives/ 

VM customers in the UK use the TVGo app instead.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/services-support/apps 

EDIT  I recall we UK users did have the TV Anywhere app but this was dicontinued when TVGo was introduced, probably due to browser problems (pepperflash addon and silverlight?)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I live in the UK and TV Control was working up until approx 2 weeks ago? If I only use Virgin Go, how do I watch my recordings? 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TV Control for V6 and TiVo should still work for UK customers.

EDIT: I'm currently at family who have a V6. Just checked and the app is working fine here including streaming eligible recordings.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming you are a VM-UK TV customer...

@Bagpuss12 wrote:

I live in the UK and TV Control was working up until approx 2 weeks ago? If I only use Virgin Go, how do I watch my recordings? 

Virgin TV Control provides TiVo/V6 users with control functions and in-home streaming. TV Go provides live streaming of box-sets & selected live channels.

TV360 customers use TV Go for both functions. Edited to fix an inconvenient typo.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Bagpuss12

I'm very sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Are you getting an error message when trying to log in? Or does the app just not load when connected to Wi-Fi? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength

It appears that rebooting the box has sorted the problem