Re: TV Anywhere app keeps requiring sign in info

Still not fixed for me, sadly.
0 Kudos
Goon525
Tuning in
Message 142 of 180
Flag for a moderator

As the OP, can I just say that it does seem to be fixed for me - without an App update.

0 Kudos
TyrosMick
Dialled in
Message 143 of 180
Flag for a moderator

Dunc-w wrote:
Imagine how many poor souls were suffering with this sign in hell on a daily basis just hope it's fixed for good 🙏🏻
0 Kudos
suffolkpunch
On our wavelength
Message 144 of 180
Flag for a moderator

All the evidence showed that the fault didn't lie with the app, whether on a Windows phone, an Android phone or an iPhone. Your account is managed on the VM servers. For example, try changing the device you use to manage your box(es)!
0 Kudos
Summo29
Tuning in
Message 145 of 180
Flag for a moderator

Problem seems to be fixed for my iPhone and iPad Pro so far so good.

Now the next issues

1) Conecting my devices to act as remotes - keep getting 'not on same network' message

2) The woefully slow TiVo box

Can someone give me a link to the best discussions on these topics

0 Kudos
Highlighted
juliushibert
Tuning in
Message 146 of 180
Flag for a moderator

I've had this same issue, app requiring signing every time I open it, for weeks now.

Still not fixed and very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Mcgaz
Dialled in
Message 147 of 180
Flag for a moderator

I bought a Telly Tablet to use as a quick pick up and watch device, but it's really bad for it. I have to log in every time and the keyboard is terrible for it's responsiveness.

When I log in on the Telly Tablet, it should save my cookies for at least 6 months. The Telly Tablet is too big and the keyboard so bad that it can't be used for anything but the TV app. I should not need to log in again.

Here is an example of how I can get to that screen.

1. Turn on the Telly Tablet with the app open from previous
2. It says "you are not connected to a network. Sign in"
3. Wait briefly and try again
4. Connects ok
5. Turn off the Telly Tablet
6. Turn on the Telly Tablet
8. It says "you are not connected to a network. Return to Sign In"
9. Press return to sign in and a login screen comes up with a reload button
10. Press reload and it connects again.

Repeat 5-10 as many times as you want.

To repeat, in the case of a Telly Tablet, I should not have to login again at any point apart from initially. A one app fits all doesn't work for this TV focused device.

0 Kudos
Goon525
Tuning in
Message 148 of 180
Flag for a moderator

That's interesting as I've been thinking of buying a TellyTablet, but it's not clear to me whether you're dissatisfied with the Tablet, the App, or the way they do or don't work together.

0 Kudos
andycambs
Superfast
Message 149 of 180
Flag for a moderator

I've not had to log in over the weekend, so fingers crossed it's now fixed.
0 Kudos
Mcgaz
Dialled in
Message 150 of 180
Flag for a moderator

@Goon525 The Telly Tablet is really good when it's up and running - it's a nice portable TV that gives a good picture and streams most channels as well as things in "My Shows" on the V6 box.

The things that need improving are software based and should hopefully improve over time. My main gripes are:

• The keyboard in landscape view is really unresponsive and constantly misses key presses. This, alongside the weight of the device, means that it just can't be used as a normal tablet. In portrait mode the keyboard works perfectly.
  • It's not pick up and play... When you finish watching a program you press the power button to turn it off, but when you turn it back on it never responds very well. In my previous post, I gave the example of how it breaks out of the anytime tv app and you have to go and log back in again. You also need to use the Sky Sports apps separately. So there have been times where I've decided to switch from my TV to the Telly Tablet at half time during a game, opened the app which had crashed because I'd turned it off mid-play. Then it asked me to login, the keyboard didn't take my key presses so the password was wrong. Try again, same again. Type one key at a time and finally get in. Then click on the match and I must use the Sky Sports app. Open the app and I have to re-login to Sky now and finally get going for the start second half!
  • A lesser problem is that the "What to Watch" start page of the app usually has the programme that I want to watch, but you cannot watch it through that page... you have to go through to TV Guide to get there. I don't know how they missed that bug!
  • For 4 speakers, the sound is a bit too quiet. It can be hard to hear when there is something else going on, e.g. whilst cooking in the kitchen.

The apps really need to have an auto-reconnect feature because when you turn the device off, it also turns off the WiFi. Then when you turn it back on it needs to reconnect - which only takes a second or two, but this disconnection causes the app to send you back to the login screen or crash. This is for the VM and Sky Apps.

So, overall, I'm a bit mixed with how good it's been. £300 isn't that much for a big tablet, but it really can only be used for TV and the fact that you often can't just turn it on and pick what you want to watch is annoying. There's always some delay, but hopefully that will improve when they get some feedback - there just seems to be nobody else using them! Again, once the TV programme is running, it's good - nice sized picture and good quality. It keeps it's batteries quite well too.

0 Kudos