cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub accounts and sky sports log in

kbarrett59
Tuning in

I am having a problem with logging in to sky sports on my phone and tablet. I get a message that an unknown error has occurred at the end of the login sequence.

Having tried several ways to contact Virgin Media (an impossible conundrum to get to speak to anyone!), I read through the community posts and saw the instruction to delete TV go from my phone and reload it. I have completed that step, but the app will not let me log in, with a message that sub-accounts cannot log into the app.

I believe this is because I changed my email address around 3 years ago, but the virgin media system does not allow the original email address to be changed, so sets up a sub account with the new email address! This sub account is then not allowed access to the go services!!

I am now at a loss as to what is next to get this fixed? Anybody got any clues?

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @kbarrett59 

You need to use the same login that you use to access My Virgin Media.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the advice, but that is what I am trying to do. I used the same email address that I use for signing onto the website, but it is still indicating this is a sub account and I cannot subscribe with that account.

Kevin

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response kbarrett59,

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to see you're experiencing problems with signing in, just to clarify are all devices running into the same issue?

Let us know,

Kain

Hello Kain,

yes, I have the same problem on my iPhone and ipad, which are the only two devices I use for watching TV and Sky sports.

thanks in advance for your help in solving this issue.

Kevin

Hello kbarrett59.

It looks like we will need to access your account and get this resolved for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

That has been logged now for you Kevin.

It's just a matter of swapping the olde email address over to the new one you use for My Virgin Media.

As soon as I get a reply back I can let you know on here.

Gareth_L

Many thanks,

Hopefully that solves the issue

Kevin