cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming recording tv shows to my ipad or iphone?

muddybloke
On our wavelength

Hi,

Is it still possible to stream my recorded shows to my ipad?

I used to use the 'Virgin TV GO' app on my ipad - and it just says i cant stream outside house now? - i reinstalled the app and now it just always says 'Not allowed' and won't even open.

The website keeps banging on about Virgin Tv Anywhere? - is this still the 'Viring TV GO' app?

I'm losing the will to live trying to get this service which is part of what im paying for surely?

I cant google or go through a bot conversion anymore.

thanks

17 REPLIES 17

ok thanks.

Originally i had been looking at that TV GO app FAQ - but turns out i needed the TV Control app for my V6 box.

My point is - it isnt explained which app i should be using upfront very easily - it is confusing. It keeps pointing to the TV GO app if anything.
I've spent ages looking at different apps to just find how to watch tv around the house, and its not been explained anywhere easily

Hello muddybloke,

Can you please update us all when the 360 upgrade has taken place.

Gareth_L

Yes of course will do.

Thank you @muddybloke. We look forward to your update. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Well my Virgin 360 has now updated.

Annoyingly it doesnt tell you it will auto-update after 5 days beforehand!
So ive lost all my recordings and i didnt get chance to make a note of my series links lol.

It says in the box instructions that it auto updates after 5 days, but I hadn't opened it yet since I was away. But when i ordered it and all the emails since, it just says make sure you watch your recordings before you update - no mention you have only 5 days to do this or will do it anyway. Proper oversight there.

Virgin360 does seem better and it works fine on the 'Virgin TV GO' app on my iphone.
the 'Virgin TV GO' on my ipad mini 2 wont work though - the ipad is obviously too old now. It just says cant connect and to retry - but it means - it wont work.
I'll have to get another ipad at some point, but is fine currently since I havent got any recordings 🙂

We're glad to hear that seems to be better for you. 

^Martin

You should be including a warning on the upgrade emails at least to tell people they only have 5 days before all their content is wiped. I bet loads of people have lost their content because it doesn't tell you beforehand.

Very sorry muddybloke,

This is certainly something we can feedback.

Alex_Rm