Menu
bobblejones
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Streaming not working on ios14

I am running the public beta of IOS14 on my iPad. The TV GO app works for watching live tv but using the TV control app it crashes when trying to watch prerecorded programmes from my V6 box

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming not working on ios14

Hello

Do you have any other device to test on, as with any Beta software it may not be fully working with all apps, until it is released as completed by Apple then the staff can certainly help until then I am afraid that VM cannot help with compatibility with Beta Software.

If the issue doesn't happen on a device that is running non Beta software then it is highly likely that it is an issue with the beta software.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The idea of a beta program is to allow app developers and others can identify issues and resolve them before the final version of the OS is released.

So it's not unexpected that apps may not work properly during a beta release as they may need updates in time for the final release.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
bobblejones
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It works on devices running IOS13 but thought you ought to know that it doesn’t work on IOS14. 

IOS14 will be released in the next few weeks so wanted to highlight the issue to you to give you a chance to update your app before IOS14 goes public, and avoid a flood of complaints from people unable to use your app

0 Kudos
bobblejones
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ios14 is officially out today and the app still does not work - when will you be updating to be compatible with this update?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have been successfully using the iPadOS 14 Public Beta and now the full iPadOS 14 with no issues on the Virgin TV Go app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
starlir
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tv go works for me but tv control crashes as it did on previous beta versions of ios14.  The app has not been updated for 6 months according to App Store version history.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Starlir, 

Are you able to use the TV control via TVGO instead of the TV remote app? 

Thanks.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
PhilT81
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? The ONLY method I use to watch my shows is by recording them on TiVo then streaming them to my iPhone. I am currently unable to do this and am paying a large amount per month for a service that is useless due to a fault which you seem to have alerted them to months ago. It doesn’t crash for me - it just insists I’m not on the same network as my TiVo box when I am. 

0 Kudos