cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming from v6 box when using own router (Hub3 in modem mode)

FleetOfFoot
Tuning in

I use my Hub3 in modem only mode, with a Zyxel mesh router set up.

For the purposes of streaming my recordings to my Virgin iPad app when at home, I receive an error saying that I'm not on the Home Network, or words to that effect.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a workaround to this please?  Apologies if this should be in a techie section. 

Many thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Thanks. Yes, it’s sport on BT Sports. 

re. Streaming between V6s, when I select the Box in “other TiVo boxes” after a few seconds I get a message saying that it can’t connect to the other box, to check network connection etc. 

Both boxes are switched on, on same subnet, and the TV Control app sees both and can interact with both. 

I’ve looked for resets and set up options, but can’t see anything obvious. 

Doing that gives "404 - Not Found"

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@FleetOfFoot wrote:

re. Streaming between V6s, when I select the Box in “other TiVo boxes” after a few seconds I get a message saying that it can’t connect to the other box, to check network connection etc. 

By being able to TV-Control stream from both, you "should have" proven this, but....

Can both boxes use VoD ok? It's the same V6 <---> Hub connection being used.

Are they wirelessly connected or Ethernet? If wireless, check the signal strength via Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.

And last but not least - what's the error code? I'm going to hazard a guess at C423.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks again.

In answer to your questions...

Yes, both boxes can use VoD ok.

They're both connected via Ethernet.

Yes, C423!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

C423 is a common connectivity error, but it usually relates to wireless issues. That you can use VoD proves the connection as ok - although it might be worth trying the TV Speed test to reinforce this. Home > Help & Settings > Help  > (top of screen) > TV Speed test. Press "play" rather than "OK" to view the speeds.

Presumably you have restarted both boxes since having this error? Sometimes the simple fix is the best one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. 

Yes, they’ve both been restarted. 

I did speedtests, and both boxes had upload and download speeds well over 30Mbps. 

is there anything else I can try?

no it doesn’t 

Thanks for getting back to us FleetOfFoot,

So I can take a closer look at this for you ill need a few details, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm