cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports channels unavailable on tvgo

Jaypea7
On our wavelength

Within the last few days I have started to receive a “Sorry not available message” when trying to watch Sky and BT Sports on my iPad. Having checked past queries I reinstalled the TVGO app but this did not solve the problem. Any advice would be much appreciated. 

28 REPLIES 28

Hi Jaypea7,

Thanks for letting us know its all working now, 

We are sure @Carley_S will be pleased to know as well.

Gareth_L

Jaypea7
On our wavelength

Unbelievably the same problem has resurfaced and again made TVGO unusable on my iPad mini. However it works fine on my iPhone whereas it did not when the problem first surfaced. This would suggest the problem is almost certainly on the ipad but I am at a loss to understanding where and how to go about isolating and correcting it, unless there is a genius out there who can come up with a solution?

Hi Jaypea7,

I am sorry to hear you're again experiencing an issue with TVGO.

Can you please confirm whether this is an issue with just Sky Sports or TVGO as a whole?

Alex_Rm

Jaypea7
On our wavelength

Hi Alex

In answer to your question, my problem is with the whole of TVGO. I cannot play any tv programmes or recordings. Attempting to do so results in the same message as before essentially   “ Sorry this is not available at present”.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Jaypea7. 

As the issue is only happening on your iPad mini and not on your mobile, we would need to check that all software on the equipment is up to date and that the tablet is not experiencing connectivity issues. 

When using the iPad, do you have a strong WiFi signal? It may be worth running a speed test prior to accessing the app. 

You could also test another streaming service to see if you have any issues. 

Thanks 

Nat

Jaypea7
On our wavelength

Hi Natalie

Thank you for getting back to me.

My iPad mini streams Sky Sports etc without any problems and is operating on the latest versions of all software, which would suggest the issue is with tvgo However, when I checked out all devices connections via a Virginmedia link two of ten devices were shown as having connectivity issues, one of which was the iPad mini the other my iMac! I wonder if this could be a consequence of reducing my broadband service from the max to the 300 service in February? If it is there would seem to be two options, the one suggested on the virgin site of installing a Wi-Fi extender/booster, the other of upgrading my broadband speed. In order to eliminate the signal issue I have ordered a compatible Wi-Fi extender/booster and will update the Forum on the outcome. Should that not work, I will be very disappointed that this was not foreseen when sorting out my revised package in February and that the 300 service appears to be inadequate for a comparatively low streaming household; something which prospective users should be made aware of.

Hi Jaypea7, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues viewing Sky Sports on some devices.  I would love to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Jaypea7
On our wavelength

Hi Lee

I am sorry if my earlier posts did not make it clear that Sky Sports is not the problem! I cannot access any programmes on TVGO. 
I will as requested be alert for your private message.
John

Thanks for reaching out to me privately @Jaypea7

I will continue to liaise with you.

Regards

Lee