cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports channels unavailable on tvgo

Jaypea7
On our wavelength

Within the last few days I have started to receive a “Sorry not available message” when trying to watch Sky and BT Sports on my iPad. Having checked past queries I reinstalled the TVGO app but this did not solve the problem. Any advice would be much appreciated. 

28 REPLIES 28

Jaypea7
On our wavelength

Further to my earlier post on the non availability of sports channels, now all channels are marked similarly. As before any and all advice would be welcomed.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jaypea7 

You should be able to receive the BT Sports channels on the TVGO app providing you subscribe to them.

You need to download and use the Sky Sports app  to watch the Sky Sports channels and log in via the Virgin TV UK icon as shown below.

Sky Sports sign inSky Sports sign in

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Jaypea7
On our wavelength

Hi Dave

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. I should perhaps have mentioned that I have been using tvgo for some years and had made sure I was logged into it, Sky and VM. My issue is why the Not Available and Sorry we cannot show you this content at this time messages have suddenly appeared when to the best of my knowledge I have not changed settings or upgraded my iPad.

Interestingly when I installed TVGO on my wife’s iPad it could not register the device and displayed yet another “Sorry” message to the effect we can’t register your iPad at the moment! Perhaps this suggests my Virgin Account is the problem.

Any further insights would be most welcome.

Hi Jaypea7,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are facing issues watching Sky Sports and BT Sports on your device Via TV Go, as advised by newapollo, you should be able to watch BT Via the app however Sky Sports can now only be accessed Via the Sky Sports App.

In regards to registering your Wife's iPad it may be you have already reached tour device limit for this Month, you can find out more here.

You can also find further support around our TV Go App here.

Regards

Paul.

Jaypea7
On our wavelength

Hi Paul

Thankfully the problem on my IPad seems to have resolved itself as the BT and other channels are now accessible as is Sky Sport directly. It may well be that the cookie setting for Safari was the cause of the problem as this was suggested whilst trying to log back in to TVGO. However, I have no recollection of making any recent changes, indeed the block all cookies was and is set to “Off”.
I am most grateful to you and Dave for messaging me and wish you both all the best.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jaypea7 

You can breathe a sigh of relief now.

Thanks for updating the thread,, glad it's all working now.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for coming back to us @Jaypea7 and I'm glad that the service is working correctly for you once again.

Regards,

Steven_L

Jaypea7
On our wavelength

Unfortunately I am now back in the position whereby TVGO loads but displays the above message for every channel selected to play.

As previously, I have checked the router, number of users, cookie settings etc and all seem ok or are within limits. A further deletion and download of TVGO did not cleat the problem.  It was suggested in an online article that our change to the 360 package may be at fault but if so why has the problem manifested itself months afterwards?

All further help and comments would be welcome.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Jaypea7,

I am sorry for the issues with this, I have checked our system. 

I can see there is a current issue with some TV services, due to an outage. Our engineer is on the way to fix this issue, the estimated fixture time is showing for the 10th of May at the moment, but this is subject to change.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide