cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, there was an issue registering you for updates

StuartF
Tuning in

My broadband has been down in the area for almost a day now. I need to keep checking as VM won't let me register a phone or email address for updates.

It keeps saying " Sorry, there was an issue registering you for updates"

This is from https://care.virginmedia.com/care/service-status  

Twitter was useless at reporting this, they were not interested.

6 REPLIES 6

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @StuartF, thanks for your post although I'm so sorry to hear your broadband has been down.

Can you please confirm if everything is back working again now? You may have been affected by a local area outage yesterday.

Please let me know if you need any further help!

Many thanks

Tom_W

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @StuartF 

I've had the same issue over the last 10 days or so via My Virgin Media.

If that url isn't working, or nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thnks Tom, the issue was that i could not register for updates. Broadband did come back but i needed to manually check each time.

StuartF
Tuning in

So there is still a fault, although the main area works from Sunday are completed my Internet is STILL down, and i can no longer even try to leave my contact details on the website.

Even worse the "help" message says - We’re looking into it. Check back here after 7 hours and if there’s still an issue we’ll help you book an engineer.

So its now Wednesday - 3 days without Broadband from VM.   and only messages to say - trust us......

Hi StuartF, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your broadband. We are the same team who answer Twitter posts so if you're happy to provide your Twitter username we can link your community account to make things easier going forward. 

I've checked our systems today and it looks as though any area fault has since cleared. How is your broadband connection now?

I can see the downstream power levels are not quite optimal so may need some adjusting. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi StuartF, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. I'm glad to hear that things are resolved for you now. 

In terms of asking you for information, as the Forum Team, there are occasions where we need to confirm these for instances such as booking an engineer. 

You can tell who is an official employee for the Forum Team by their status on the left. You can also check here: Good folk to know which will advise you who the Forum Team are as well as who the Moderators are. 

To log a fault, you don't need to do this via the Community. This is just a way that you can log a fault without the need of calling the team. It can take longer but we can help in the same way. 

If you have any further issues, feel free to pop back to us here. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs