cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SkySports app won't accept me as a subscriber (I am)

Charlie131
Joining in

I have been trying since October. VirginMedia staff have failed to help me, despite my every effort

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is the first time you've posted on here with issues, so I'll ask - what's the problem you're having? And what error codes/messages are you getting - if any?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is the first time you've posted on here with issues, so I'll ask - what's the problem you're having? And what error codes/messages are you getting - if any?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Charlie131
Joining in

SkySports let me log in, via Virginmedia log in, but gives me a message "Could not play channel

Your subscription doesn't allow you to watch this programme. Please contact your provider."

I have told 30-40 times Virgin Media staff. Still no help... 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok, so... you've not said therefore I'll ask to avoid doubt.

Do you have Sky Sports on your VM TV subscription and am able to watch the channels - either in SD or HD - on your TiVo/V6/360?

Can you screenshot this error message and post it on here?

Yes, I have a subscription. Yes, I watch Sky sports on my tv. No, I can't watch it on any android or Apple device. Yes, my Virgin apps work fine. I can watch all TV on my Android devices, other than SkySports

Screenshot_20211211-112904_Sky Sports.jpg

Screenshot_20211028_161116_com.bskyb.sportnews.jpg

Hi @Charlie131.

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with accessing your sky sports via app.

We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help.

I have been able to access your account and I can see you have recently been in contact with our team regarding this.

Just to confirm, do you get the same message when accessing via browser? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/watching-sky-sports Are you able to also try the following link to see if it helps? https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-cinema-and-sky-sports-with-virgin-media

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your suggestions

I can't watch it via the link. I keep being asked to log in to watch the live shows. (That's is after I've logged in)

Re, the second link( Under subscriotions) 

The following is the crux of the matter 

"What you can watch depends on your Virgin Media subscription. Visit Virgin Media’s website to find out more about Sky Sports subscription packages.

You can also manage your subscription by contacting the Virgin Media team or through your Virgin Media TV box."

I keep telling VirginMedia that Sky doesn't recognise me as a valid subscriber

Since October I get the same error message but no one at VirginMedia is listener. 

VirginMedia have changed my password on numerous occasions without success