cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports live steaming issue

Mjturner5964
Tuning in

This just happened today after 16 months without any issue. I have Sky sports available to me through my Virgin account, but it will not live stream now on my mobile.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Sky Sports App twice and rebooted the mobile telephone twice and signed in via the Virgin Go link.

The Sky sports app version is 8.26.1(275)

Telephone operating system is Android 11 on Samsung model A32 5G.

The connection type is wifi via a Virgin broadband router.

I have enabled location services when the app is in use.

Other aspects of the Sky Sports app work OK, but when trying to access Live TV the error message is: " Apologies, we can't load this content at the moment,  please try later".

7 REPLIES 7

seve6565
Joining in

Same message on my android tab. I'm guessing problem is there end. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It seems to be a known issue tonight..

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Sky-Sports-app-timing-out-during-login/td-p/496357... 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

peterstiles
Tuning in

Exactly the same problem here on two separate Android devices. Have tried all the same steps, but cannot go through device re-registration, as that requires live tv to actually be working!

Does anyone from Virgin customer services read these threads? It could well be a Sky problem, but we are paying Virgin for the service, who presumably then pay Sky for the service, so it would be good to know what pressure they are putting on Sky to resolve the issue! Still a problem this morning.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mjturner5964, 

Welcome and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues when using the Sky Sports app on your mobile. 

We were aware of an issue over the weekend but this does appear to be resolved now. 

Are you still having this problem? 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi, it was resolved yesterday, thanks. Do you know if the issue was at your end or their end?

Hi Mjturner5964,

The only information we have is that there was time-out outage.

Glad to hear this is now working for you.

Alex_Rm