cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports issue

theyoungs
Joining in

Every time I tap onto a sky sports station in the Virgin TV Go app it brings up 

Video Unavailable 

A problem was encountered please try again. Retry. Had this issue now for days and getting very frustrated with it. 
many help is welcome. Thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I managed to work it after spending 15-20mins on the issue on Sunday. It was the VPN that’s was causing the issue with the sky sports app. All is well now. Sky was the only issue affected by theVPN. BT sports still worked ok. 
thanks for getting back to me though. 
Regards

peter young 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @theyoungs 

You need to download and use the Sky Sports app to watch Sky Sports channels, and not via the VM TVGo app..

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/watching-sky-sports 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello theyoungs

Thanks for your post 

Can I just confirm you have now been able to access Sky Sports on the correct App

Gareth_L

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@theyoungs wrote:

Every time I tap onto a sky sports station in the Virgin TV Go app it brings up 

What you should get when you choose one of the Sky Sports channels (Mix & News excepted) in TV Go, is a popup advising you to use the Sky Sports app and an "exit to watch" prompt.

You can then sign into the Sky app as a VM user, assuming you have those channels in your subscription.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I managed to work it after spending 15-20mins on the issue on Sunday. It was the VPN that’s was causing the issue with the sky sports app. All is well now. Sky was the only issue affected by theVPN. BT sports still worked ok. 
thanks for getting back to me though. 
Regards

peter young 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update theyoungs,

I'm glad you found the issue regarding this.

If you do face any further problems then please pop back up and we'll run further checks.

Thanks,

Kain

Howly26
Settling in

When I go on the app it directs me to exit and watch sports on sky but then when I am redirected it says in able to play as I don’t have the subscription BUT I DO !!!! What is going on. ? 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Howly26 

Are you using the correct sign in box (Virgin TV UK)?

Sky Sports sign inSky Sports sign in

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Howly26

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Are you able to sign in after running through the above sign in process? Please do provide us with an update.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs