cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports app not working.

kennethcombes
Joining in

The sky sports app on my inland won’t play live tv. It says “ video unavailable “ an error occurred please try later”. It been like this for weeks now. 
move tried uninstall and reinstall, logging out and back in again and deleting all my registered devices. None of this works. 
Virgin have been useless and told me to post here to find the solution!!!!!!!!!!!!

Virgin you are sooo bad at customer service!!

anyone have any ideas?

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @kennethcombes,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues when trying to watch live TV on the sky sports app. We can understand your frustration and want to best help regarding this.

Just to clarify, does the same issue happen when watching sky sports in a web browser? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to-use-sky-sports-app How long has this issue been ongoing for? Also, does this occur on multiple devices when connected to your home network?

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It also happens on my I phone. It’s been this way for several weeks now. I can’t watch in a web browser either. 

It happens on my IPhone 12 now but not on my partners older iPhone 

Thank you for letting me know @Astraken47 and @kennethcombes.

Just to confirm are you also getting the following error messages "Oops – the page has timed out or Looks like this session has expired"? https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Sky-Sports-App-Timed-Out/td-p/4965803

Please let us know so we can further investigate this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

23FD7ECA-75EA-486B-B199-AF96064FE284.png

No just the ‘video unavailable’  a problem was encountered please try later message on Live TV

Hi @kennethcombes, thanks for your reply and screenshot provided.

I may need to get this looked into further for you, so I'll drop you a PM to ask you to confirm some details so I can investigate the specifics.

Please expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @kennethcombes, thanks for confirmation of the requested details via PM.

I can't see any faults identifying any flaws on the systems. When you've mentioned that the web browser isn't working for you, does it give you the identical message to the app error or does something different happen?

Many thanks

Tom_W