cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports app not working

Manch88
Tuning in

I have recently got sky sports and when I log in through the sky sports app through virgin media uk, it logs me in but then displays the below message when I try and watch it. I only have my phone as a device connected have checked that and it works fine on my tv so I know I have the subscription. Have contacted virgin media about 10 times and even gone into a store and nobody has been able to give me instructions on how to fix the problem, I’ve deleted the app turned phone off and reinstalled that’s the best they could give me. Have been palmed off 3 times by saying it’s a fault and will be fixed by certain times but still nothing, fed up with being put on hold time and time again, as for going in store thaT was a waste of time knew more myself. Any ideas on this problem? 

AEA137D6-4E98-457B-9754-52DA1C00F387.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Manch88
Tuning in

If picture don’t work it shows no error code but says

could not play channel, your subscription doesn’t allow you to watch this programme, please contact your provider

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

24 REPLIES 24

Manch88
Tuning in

If picture don’t work it shows no error code but says

could not play channel, your subscription doesn’t allow you to watch this programme, please contact your provider

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to sign into the sky psorts app by clicking on the Virgin TV link.  Also make sure you are using the correct email address ( it should be the virginmedia one)  and password.  If using a saved login on  your phone please ensure that there isn't a hard space at the end of either field, that was a problem I had, and I had to delete the space at the end of my email address.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I have done this and checked I have typed everything in correct on numerous occasions, logs me in fine from the virgin media uk and shows I’m logged in but when I click on live tv I just get that message 

Hi Manch88

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community. Apologies that you are having issues with the Sky Sports app we are aware this is happening and it has been escalated.

We expect a fix time later this evening. As soon as we have any updates we will keep you posted.

Many thanks Jodi.

Still not working...........

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Manch88, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I have checked and it does appear that the problem is taking longer than expected to resolve. 

The estimated repair time has been adjusted to 7th Aug 15:15pm

More information and updates can be found by clicking here

Thank you for your patience,

Nat

I’m having exactly the same problem. Tried other fixes like changing Virgin password. Not working. Any solutions?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mjanss, sorry to hear you've encountered the same problem.

I've double-checked this morning and I can't find any further communication about a wider issue as things stand. 

Have you made any changes to your TV package recently?

Tom

Yes. Upgraded the package.