cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports app closing after 10-20 seconds

liamdaly95
Tuning in

Hi,

I am currently having the same problem with my desktop player. When I click the link to the instructions I get an access denied message. Can you post the instructions to resolve this issue in this forum please?

Many thanks,

Liam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @liamdaly95 

I found the following on the Sky Community which might help

/Sky-sports-online-player-not-working 

Did you remove the hidden files and folders the desktop app uses:

- Uninstall the Sky Sports Player app

- Type 'run' in the search bar and open the 'Run' app

- Type in '%AppData%' and click 'OK'

- Delete the 'Sky Sports' folders

- Click back on 'AppData' and go into the 'LocalLow' folder

- Click on the 'Cisco' folder, then the 'VideoGuard' folder

- Delete the 'SKY_GB-SKY_SKYSPORTS' folder

- Restart you computer

- Download the Sky Sports Player app again

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Liamdaly95, 

Welcome and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when using the Sky Sports app.

Can you please confirm if you have the same problem when using the service on any other device? 

Also can you please confirm if you have any anti-virus software, VPN's or pop up blockers enabled on the device?

Thanks 

Nat

This is the only device I use for it. It used to work on my laptop and then this problem started a few months ago.

I am not using a VPN or any special anti-virus software. Neither do I have any pop-up blockers. I have tried this on multiple browsers but get the same problem. The player used to work on this laptop until a couple of months ago.

Thanks for letting us know @liamdaly95, have you been able to try clearing the cache and cookies on the browsers to see if this helps?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Clearing the cache and cookies doesn't solve it. I have tried multiple browsers but the same thing happens.

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for letting me know, just so we can determine what could be the cause of the issue are you able to try downloading this onto another device so we can see if the issue still persists?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

It works on other devices. It is specifically this laptop which this occurs on and it is my main device so I would like to get it working.

Hi liamdaly95, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

As it's only happening on this device, and there is no known fault for this, it suggests the issue is relating to the device itself. 

It may be something to do with the settings you've selected, or the drivers you have on the laptop. As the Sky Sports is played through a player, can you try uninstalling this from your laptop completely and redownloading it to see if this helps? 

If it doesn't, there isn't much more we can help with I'm afraid since it's working overall on other devices so it's not an account issue. 

Keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Uninstalling and re-installing doesn't fix it I'm afraid. I agree it must be some of my settings but no idea what they could be.

The original poster of this question did find a fix and posted the below link. I have tried to look at it but get an access denied message. I tried calling sky but they wouldn't talk to me as I'm not one of their customers. One of your colleagues said they would share this solution among your team. Can this be found or will sky talk to you and give access to the link?

Thanks,

Liam

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Sky-Sports-desktop-player-not-working/m-p/3528053#M92455