cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports App via Virgin TV Go

mhk
Tuning in

We have the Full House package (including Sky Sports and Cinema). Is an extra subscription required to watch live Sky Sports events on the go? If not, how do I access them? Via the Sky Go or Virgin apps? Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

We have an update on the situation with this issue. Please head here if you're still having trouble and follow the instructions in the post 🙂

Thanks,
ModTeam

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

332 REPLIES 332

r666mor
Tuning in

Can someone please help me - every time I try and log in to the sky sports app I get a message saying that “There is a problem with your login. We can’t check your details right now. Please try again later” Then a sky error comes up. This has never been resolved by Virgin. Thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi r666mor, thanks for your post - sorry for the delayed response.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this problem as well. Have you been able to check that the app and your device's OS are up to date with the latest versions?

If that doesn't help please let us know what device you're using, and if you've been able to try a different device to see if that works or not? Also, are you able to sign in to your VM online account with the same credentials successfully?

Please keep us posted,

Tom 

Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply. The app is updated - I am using an IPad Pro and also an IPhone 7 Plus - both with software version 13.5.1

Regards

Thanks for coming back to me r666mor,

Are you able to use the same login details to use the TV Go application supplied by Virgin Media?

Do you try to access the content directly through the Sky Application or via the TV Go Application? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Yes I can login to the Virgin Media TV GO app using the same details

I am trying to access via the Sky app

Regards

Thanks for coming back to me

Have you attempted a simple password change on the account to see if this will allow you access to the Sky Sports content?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@r666mor wrote:

Yes I can login to the Virgin Media TV GO app using the same details

I am trying to access via the Sky app

Regards

You're definitely choosing the Virgin Media UK sign option in the app and not the main Sky iD login?

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Yes each time choosing the Virgin logo.

C4B90914-06A6-41B8-B28E-C489CECFA3AC.jpeg

So here’s the problem today - I have tried to watch Sky sports on Virgin Go - however when I click on the sky sports screen the caption comes up:  Watch on Sky Sports - Sky Sports Main Event HD is available on Sky Sports - then Cancel or Exit to Watch. If I exit to watch it takes me to the Sky Sports app which then wont allow me to login as a Virgin Customer. Going round in circles....

BA534BAE-AB26-4808-8307-63ED6BBBFDC4.jpegC3DA912E-DB60-4320-B242-A0428CF068E5.jpeg