cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports won't play on iPad

geofflaw
Joining in

Sky Sports App won't play live TV on Virgin Media. Ipad Mini 6th Gen ios 15.3. Tried deleting and reloading App without success. Strangely tha Sky Sports App still does work on my iPhone SE ios 15.2.1 !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check that you haven't got any VPN or iCloud Private Relay enabled on the iPad. This may be part of any security software installed like Mcafee.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi geofflaw, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue watching live channels on the Sky Sports App. 

In order to help you, can you come back to me with the following information please?

• Can you confirm that both the iOS and the app are running the latest software versions and there is no update to complete?
  • Has the app allowed you to log in successfully on the devices? 
  • Are you only getting the error when trying to live stream a channel or also when trying to watch a recording or Catch up / On Demand content? 
  • Do you get this error on every channel you try? If not, can you give us some specific examples of what you're trying to watch so we can try and replicate it here?
  • A screenshot of the error would also be great. 

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath F

Have since updated to latest IoS 15.3.1. Have removed and re-loaded Sky Sports App and logged in sucessfully via my Virgin Subscription.

Still will not play Sky Sports Live TV on iPad Mini 6th Gen

Always Shows message  'Video Unavailable - A problem was encountered please try again later'

All other Apps for Live TV eg from Virgin TV Go do play as normal on iPad

Sky Sports App Live TV does play OK on my iPhone 6SE

Have seen other Virgin subscribers have exactly the same problem on iPad with Sky Sports

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check that you haven't got any VPN or iCloud Private Relay enabled on the iPad. This may be part of any security software installed like Mcafee.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @geofflaw

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How are you getting on after trying the above?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks I do have Norton 360 VPN on iPad so will try removing that

Uninstalled Norton 360 on iPad. That's done the trick. Sky Sports now plays Live TV. Many thanks Travis M !!!