cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports not available on iPad with TV Go

garry1503
Joining in

Hi,

I can watch everything as usual on my iPad except sky sports programs. It tries to make that final link but fails with the message Video Unavailable. Is this an ongoing issue as this has been the case for over 3 weeks now. I’ve deleted and reloaded both the sky sports and the TV Go apps at least a dozen times but still no joy.

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi garry1503, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue watching Sky Sports content through TV Go. 

It's great to hear you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. 

In order to help you, can you confirm the following for me?:

• Both the iOS and the app are running the latest software versions and there is no update to complete?
  • Has the app allowed you to log in successfully on the iPad? 
  • Are you only getting the error when trying to live stream a channel or also when trying to watch a recording or Catch up / On Demand content? 
  • Do you get this error on every sports channel you try? If not, can you give us some specific examples of what you're trying to watch so we can try and replicate it here?
  • Are you accessing the Sky Sports app directly or clicking through TV Go? 
  • Do you have the same issue on other devices?
  • A screenshot of the error would also be great. 

Pop back and keep us posted. 
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

in answer to your questions

i am up to date on 15.2.1

yes I log in to the app perfectly ok

i only use it to watch live football and golf

the problem is with all sky sports channels only. BT sports perfectly ok

i access in through TV Go

Access on my laptop is ok

it attempts to make the connection, goes over to sky sports but the final act of connection then displays Video Unavailable - try again later. 3 weeks later still no solution.

THANKS

Thank you @garry1503 and thank you for providing this information.

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can take a closer look into this together, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.