cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports login: There was an unexpected error

Jordan_L96
Joining in

So last week I ordered sky sports just before the start of the new premier league season, and I saw that you could watch the games through the sky sports app using your virgin media login (Ireland), however I have been trying to login to the app and also the website on my computer but I keep getting a message saying, "There was an unexpected error" when trying to do so. I have cleared cookies, cache etc on pc and deleted and reinstalled the app a few times too but still no luck. I've seen other people also having the same issue but it seems like no one has been able to sort it out. Does anyone know a way to fix this? Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

Jordan_L96
Joining in

Error message I keep getting:Screenshot (110).png

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Jordan_L96,

This forum is for Virgin UK, not Ireland, however are you clicking on the correct sign in option, indicated by the crosses in the screenshot below?

If so then you will need to contact VM Ireland to confirm your account is set up correctly.

https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/ 

VM Ireland Sky SportsVM Ireland Sky Sports

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, I tried looking for a forum for VM Ireland but I couldn't find one so thought I'd post here instead, but I'll contact them through that link tomorrow, so! And yes, I've been clicking there to sign in but I just keep getting that error. Thanks anyway!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update Jordan_L96,

Sorry I couldn't be of help, but hopefully the team over there will soon fix the issue for you.

Take care and stay safe.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jordan_L96

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear that you are unable to log in to Sky Sports. Just double checking - are you selecting the 'Virgin TV Ireland' option when you try to log in?

If this doesnt work, please contact Virgin Media Ireland via the link @newapollo kindly provided, they will be able to look into this further for you.

Kind regards,

Serena