cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports issue (Being investigated)

Inca
Tuning in

On attempting to open Sky Sports I repeeatedly get the following: " There was an unexpected error" I have restarted the PC and also changed web browser but still get the same message. I can access Sky Sports on my mobile phone.

[MOD EDIT: Currently being investigated]

41 REPLIES 41

I am also having the same error, services set up today, trying to use the sky sports app on my PC and also on the browser (firefox)

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cotch, 

Thank you for your post. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this. Is it possible you could expand on what error/issues you're getting/having here please? To watch Sky Sports through a desktop you would need to install the Sky Sports player - has that been done? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Yes, that has been done.

I am getting the same error as the person who responded before me. Here is a screenshot of what error i am getting when trying to log in to the sky sports website with Virgin. The app directs me to the website, i click virgin media and then it gives me the error.

I am using Firefox, I am on windows 10. Firefox is where i'm getting the error, I just tried Chrome and it worked fine and the app is now working. So i think the error that needs to be resolved is with Firefox.

skyerror.png

Hey @cotch, thanks for the update.

Have you checked if there's any extensions that you may need with Firefox for the Sky Sports player to work?
I.e. an add-on to support the video feed?

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nope, do i require anything?

Can you please try clearing the cookies and cache on the web browser and trying it again?

^Martin

That actually worked, how strange. Normally thats what people say and its never ever the problem but here it is.

Thank you buddy!

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Any news on my issue? I provided the phone details in my previous posts but not heard anything, is it an IT issue?

Hi Whataboutyeah, 

Hope you are well. 

I am sorry to hear of your issues with the Sky Sports app. 

Can you please try and delete the app and also the app data via your handset. 

Once this is done, please reinstall the latest version and try to login again. If you are still having the issue, please do let us know. 

Thanks, 

Nat