Menu
lfc65boss
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports app update problem

Hello

I have had the Sky Sports app on my windows 8 laptop for a few months now and it has worked well so far. 

Today, I have tried to open it to watch the football. I firstly get a message saying the update is being downloaded. Then when this is finished it says the update is installing. Then nothing happens. 

Whenever I try and reopen the app, the same thing happens. I have also un-installed and re-installed it but again the same thing happens. 

Quite frustrating seeing as I'm paying quite a lot of money for this. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports app update problem

Hi Ifc65boss,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems using the Sky Sports App on your laptop, and I can appreciate you're keen to get this resolved. 

Do you get any other error message than saying the update is being downloaded?

Are you able to use the app on other devices okay?

Thanks

Melissa_F

0 Kudos
davlaurjen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Same problem with me on my Asus laptop.Virgin say it is a local problem and an engineer is on the case.!2.15 tomorrow is the time given for the problem to be fixed.We will see.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@davlaurjen wrote:

Same problem with me on my Asus laptop.Virgin say it is a local problem and an engineer is on the case.!2.15 tomorrow is the time given for the problem to be fixed.We will see.

There is a national fault affecting registration of both the TV GO app & the Sky apps.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
davlaurjen
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If it's a national fault,I can't see that a local engineer will be able to do much about it.

0 Kudos