cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports app on Chromebook.

gregywils
Superfast

I have been using the Sky Sports app on my Chromebook faultlessly for the last 18 months, mainly to watch live streaming.

Today it has stopped allowing me to watch live streaming and a message appears saying that my device is not supported. 

Why the change? 

114 REPLIES 114

Hi @StixUK1 and thanks for coming back to us.

Please could you send me over a private message with the below information and we can get this raised with our support team to be investigated further. 

Sky App/Player Version Number:

Device Type:  

Make/Model:

Operating System and Version:

PC/Mac-browser and version number:

Connection Type:

Issue Type:  

Customer Experience:  

Error Message / Code:

Channel Being Watched:  

User Location (UK?):

Customer Username:

Date on which issue occurred:

Date on which issue reported:

Account Number:

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details @StixUK1.

I will get this raised with our IT support team now and will be in touch with you once I have a further update from them.

Regards,

Steven_L

There is at least two people with this problem, please can you confirm that you are dealing with it as one issue, not two?

It appears that two Virgin IT tickets have been raised.

I reported this a few weeks ago and I have not heard anything back. 

Any updates please? 

Hey @gregywils,

This is currently being investigated on a case by case basis as we only have a small number of customers that this is affecting. 

I have looked into your ticket and the team have noted that your issue was resolved after they spoke to you on 13/06, is this not the case?

Regards,

Steven_L

No!

What was the proposed resolution? 

No one has spoken to me.

This is not very good, someone is making things up and not doing their job properly. 

Thanks for coming back to us @gregywils, the team have advised that the issue has been resolved and spoke to the account holder on 13/06 to advise with the latest update.

Regards,

Steven_L

I did a bit of investigation and found out the same.

Unfortunately, the account holder, my Father, didn't have any problems and authorised me to pursue the issues with Sky Sports Live TV not working on a Chromebook book.

All this is in previous posts.

So the call did happen but to the wrong person about a nonexistent problem. 

Please reopen my 'ticket' and let me have an update at your earliest convenience.

Thanks. 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you @gregywils.

Unfortunately, we have not heard back from our IT teams regarding this.

I will flag this up with them again for a response and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs