cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports app on Chromebook.

gregywils
Superfast

I have been using the Sky Sports app on my Chromebook faultlessly for the last 18 months, mainly to watch live streaming.

Today it has stopped allowing me to watch live streaming and a message appears saying that my device is not supported. 

Why the change? 

114 REPLIES 114

I have just had a look into the account and I can confirm the TV Go devices have been reset. 

What happens when you click on manage my devices? Are you able to remove them yourself? 

In regards to your issue with Sky Sports App, this has been flagged up again with our IT team. We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible with a resolution.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

When I go into the Manage Devices, the list comes up but there are no options to change any of them. 

In this case, I have reset this for you again. 

Please try logging out and logging back in, in 10 minutes or so and let us know if the issue persists.

Many thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

I have logged out and then in, the device list is still the same ie not reset.

I did this on the tablet and Chromebook. 

Thank you for letting me know @gregywils.

Does the device list remain the same when accessing TV go via browser https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-go-with-a-browser

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

Yes. 

In this case, I have raised an IT ticket in regards to this issue.

I will aim to get back to you as soon as possible, when I hear back from our IT team. 

Thank you in advance for your patience,

Akua_A
Forum Team

StixUK1
Tuning in

I am having the same problem.

I purchased an Acer Spin 311 Chromebook less than a month ago and Sky Sports app was working fine on that until I returned it last week (due to a faulty touchscreen).

I then purchased a Lenovo Flex 5i Chromebook and downloaded the same app. Got the message "Live Streaming is not supported on this device".

I am assuming an update has got rid of the support for Chromebooks?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @StixUK1,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing the same issue!

Before we run any further tests, would you be able to tell me if you have tried to delete and re-install the app?

Please ensure that your device is up to day on the Software that it's using and that you have completed a device reboot.

Are any other devices impacted by this issue?

Please keep us updated so I can help further. 

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Yes, I have tried to delete the app and reinstall it.

Yes, I have the most up to date operating system. It is running ChromeOS 91.0.4472.114 (64 bit).

No, this app works perfectly fine on my android phone.

I suspect that the issue is down to somebody, somewhere, no longer supporting ChromeOS.