cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports app doesn't recognise my subscription

polka_vendor0b
Joining in

Hi,

I signed up to Sky Sports through my Virgin stream box and have tried to access these channels on the go on my iPhone. 

When i downloaded the app, i pressed login, then login as virgin media customer and then logged in. However my iPhone wouldnt register the device when i tried and just kept returning to the same Virgin branded registration page. If i clicked "this device has already been registered" then it would successfully log me in however when i clicked a channel on sky it showed an error saying i dont have a subscription.

I reviewed my sky devices on my laptop and it is showing i havent registered any so believe this is the issue. However when trying to login on my laptop it logs in completely fine and never shows any sort of device registration page but still sky says i dont have a subscription.

I've complained directly to virgin 5 times and each time their agent says they have contacted IT to push through my subscription for this and to try again in 24 hours but it never works! Getting really frustrated.

Please help me register these devices or get this fixed in any way!

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @polka_vendor0b 

Have you downloaded the Sky Sports app on your iphone? You need to use that, and not the TVGO app to watch Sky Sports

sky sports app.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Fazz
Joining in

When i log onto sky sports app it says please see attached picture 

Screenshot_20230118_144601_com.bskyb.sportnews.jpg

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced polka_vendor0b,

Welcome to the community.

Just to clarify on this, are you able to login fine with MyVM?

Let us know,

Kain