cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports app device limit reached error

ELO80
Joining in

Hi, I am trying to find how to manage my devices registered on the sky sports app but cannot find how to do it? Tried speaking to customer services and even they cannot help. Every time I go on to the app to watch it comes up with ‘device limit reached contact your service provider’. Virgin media website tells you to go to settings then device management then manage sky apps but there is no option for this on their website? Is there a way of resetting the devices and starting again?

Also, I have had conflicting stories of how many devices you can watch sky sports via the app at once, does anyone know if it is more than 1 at the same time?

Thanks in advance

Emma

50 REPLIES 50

Thanks for coming back to me

If you log into your TV Go account and select Device Management, there is the option to manage your Sky Sports devices.

This will allow you to clear any devices that have been duplicated or that you simply no longer want on the account for access to the Sky Sports content

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi. I’m having the same issue and can’t clear. Please help!

I am having the same issue. Can you help please?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi VMplop,

Thanks for joining in on this thread, do you mind just giving us a brief description of your issue so we can look into this further? 

I understand it may be similar to the post above, but I just want to see any differences?

Zoie

SDLN75
Settling in

I am having the same issue - can you please advise how to manage the account?

Hi SDLN75 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing an error when attempting to use the Sky Sports App via TV Go.  I would like to take a quick look at your account.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee

HJL1
Joining in

We are unable to manage our sky devices and says device limit reached- so unable to watch Sky on the app - can you please help

Hi HJL1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We can reset the devices here for you but will need to pass through data protection with you first. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jtfab75
On our wavelength

I’m having same problem too, could you help please.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try following the instructions I posted over here to get to the device options

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Sky-sports-on-iPad-say-device-limit-reached/m-p/48...
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own