cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports app device limit reached error

ELO80
Joining in

Hi, I am trying to find how to manage my devices registered on the sky sports app but cannot find how to do it? Tried speaking to customer services and even they cannot help. Every time I go on to the app to watch it comes up with ‘device limit reached contact your service provider’. Virgin media website tells you to go to settings then device management then manage sky apps but there is no option for this on their website? Is there a way of resetting the devices and starting again?

Also, I have had conflicting stories of how many devices you can watch sky sports via the app at once, does anyone know if it is more than 1 at the same time?

Thanks in advance

Emma

50 REPLIES 50

tisgroup
Joining in

Hi, I've got this problem too, can you fix it for me please ?

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tisgroup,

Thanks for joining in on this thread, do you mind just giving us a brief description  of your issue so we can look into this further? 

I understand it may be similar to the post above, but just want to see if there are any differences? 

Thanks 🙂 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sasha, thanks for coming back to me, I received your email, thanks ...

So when I go to "Manage Sky Devices" through Virgin TVGO, it opens up another tab but times out waiting to go to the following website:

https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices

I wanted to change my iPhone (currently registered) to my iPad ... I tried to go to the TV Guide and watch a Sky Sports Channel but it just says "Device limit reached, contact service provider" ...

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I see, just out of curiosity, have you tried to open up the link on a different web browser or a different device just to see if it works? 

If not, I am more than happy to reset the Tv go for you, this will remove all devices and then you can add it back on? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yeah, have tried a different browser and another device ... 

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's fine I will  pop you over a PM so we can get this looked into for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

Hi, responded to your PM, can you let me know if I need to do anything else please ?

Hi, I’m having the same problem here can mine be reset too please. 

Good Afternoon enchyll, thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having this issue with the device limit, can you please confirm if this is on Sky Sports only or is this reflected on the TV Go application?

Does this happen when you're using a browser or the application itself?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi this is only on sky sports app only thanks