cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports - There was an unexpected error

mh15
Tuning in

I haven't been able to log in to Sky Sports via Virgin media login page for months in Google Chrome. From the sky sports page, I click log in > Virgin Media UK sign in, and then I'm brought to a page that says "There was an unexpected error" (addr: skyid.sky.com/error/wholesaleerror). This page is useless with no meaningful troubleshooting steps.

I can stream on my phone through the app ok, and on other browsers (including incognito chrome), but not normal Chrome. My devices lists (vm and sky) are not full, and I have used this device successfully before and haven't removed it from my list at any point.

I have tried rebooting, clearing cache/cookies for sky/virgin sites, reinstalling chrome (it is up to date v105.0.5195.127), but nothing works. Others seem to have had a similar problem and for some the fix just happened out of the blue, but none have worked for me.

If I paste the oauth.virginmedia.com/... address for the login page, obtained from a working browser, into Chrome, it resolves to the same wholesale error page. Seems like the browser/device combo has been blacklisted or blocked, though there are no concrete error messages in the logs.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Steven_L,

My Virgin Media and TV Go work fine on Chrome.

The error I see is the same as on this page:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Unable-to-access-Sky-Sports-using-Virgin-details/t...

It's just the generic error page, the continue button takes you to FAQs and troubleshooting.

Hi Mh15,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Sky Sports looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. 

I feel as we have done all the general diagnostic questions to get a handle on this issue for you, we now need to move on and create an IT ticket in order to get this resolved. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can get this raised. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Mh15, 

Thanks for giving me some info in your PM, I was able to raise an IT ticket for this issue and update the notes.

If you want an update on how the faults team are getting along with this please let us know on here and we will be happy to take a look.

Thanks,

Megan_L