cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Player still not working

Mally_BUK
On our wavelength

I saw there was a New Version of the Sky Sports Desktop Player and having not had any luck with getting the previous version to work I decided to uninstall it and try again. I decided to use IE11 and install Java as this works with the TV Anywhere App. This time after the install the Player starts with either Error Code 0 or has a spinning wheel but still no vision

Anyone have any ideas what to do now?

60 REPLIES 60

Not sure how to do that to be honest?

SirFrizzle
Tuning in

whats happening then? footballs on in a bit and wanna watch it

Hi all. Another frustrated user. Missing the SA v AUS test match and the football yesterday and today. The agreement at ours is main TV is sport-free - fine when a game's on BT but not on Sky as happy to watch on a laptop.

I've had a few issues for a week or two. Turns out it doesn't alert me when new version of Sky sports player available. That sorted it on Friday - was getting errors 1949, 9998, -1 before a reinstall worked a treat.

I also have the 2 MACs registered thing, and now just the blue screen and nothing else. Virgin tech help told me on the phone yesterday it'd be sorted last night. It isn't.

SirFrizzle
Tuning in

I can't even sign in to watch the programmes on virgin now 😞 ridiculous. this is the error i get on sky player now 28829720_808427686024353_923259997_n.jpg

crazy
On our wavelength

just getting blue screen done re install same issues one very annoyed hubby who is missing footy!!!!!

im getting the hump its on in half hour lol

Hi All just found a temp fix hopefully it works til they fix the sky sports player app, if you download sky cinema app and open it up then click the link for lets go head to the sky sports website sign in as usual and play the programmer it automatically go to the sky cinema player instead of sky sports player and works perfectly fine. 

cant find the cinema player anywhere to download?

Genuis! Thanks. Watching through Sky cinema player. You can find the down load link by trying to watch a film through sky cinema

on google type in sky cinema app and follow as instructed the app should download as the same as the sky sports app and when downloaded use the sky cinema app to open and follow as you normally would