cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Player still not working

Mally_BUK
On our wavelength

I saw there was a New Version of the Sky Sports Desktop Player and having not had any luck with getting the previous version to work I decided to uninstall it and try again. I decided to use IE11 and install Java as this works with the TV Anywhere App. This time after the install the Player starts with either Error Code 0 or has a spinning wheel but still no vision

Anyone have any ideas what to do now?

60 REPLIES 60

Hello all, 

We're currently aware of an issue where some people using Sky Sports Apps are having errors, we apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. 

We are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. 

Apologies once more. 

tlg86
Tuning in

The error I get is a "wholesale error":

skyid.sky.com/error/wholesaleerror

I see that this happened on a big night of international football a few years ago. It is very suspicious that this happened just before Man Utd v Liverpool kicked off.

I get the same wholesale error when trying to sign in. Mine happens quite often, and it doesn't matter whats on, so I don't think there is a conspiracy lol. 

Watched the ManU v Liverpool match and wanted to watch Sky Sports News for the rest of the results. Just a blank blue screen on Sky Sports Player, no error messages, no rotating wheel.  Nothing 😞

Uninstalled Sky Sports Player, deleted Sky folder, then re-installed still nothing.

Come on Virgin media and Sky, fix the problems before the rest of the results come in otherwise it is BBC 1.

Done exactly the same with same outcome. Previously had difficulties signing in on Sky Sports, but eventually able to. As you say, not good enough!

FuzzyBeats
Settling in

Another unhappy user here. Getting the same blank blue screen as previous posters. Unable to watch the cricket yesterday or the Man U v Liverpool game today. Not happy. Smiley Mad

SirFrizzle
Tuning in

I've had the wholesale error when logging on from time to time, but today the player just loads a plain blue screen and thats that 😞

eta? will it be sorted before the football tomorrow?

Blue screen for me too, i've always found this a poor service and very unreliable.

I have the full bhoona at home but my partner doesn;t have sky sports so I should be able to use my laptop for the football when i'm at hers.......you'd thinkSmiley Mad

Baldie129
Just joined

open the cinema player

go to the sky ports website and play the channel

it opens in the cinema player no issues