cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Player still not working

Mally_BUK
On our wavelength

I saw there was a New Version of the Sky Sports Desktop Player and having not had any luck with getting the previous version to work I decided to uninstall it and try again. I decided to use IE11 and install Java as this works with the TV Anywhere App. This time after the install the Player starts with either Error Code 0 or has a spinning wheel but still no vision

Anyone have any ideas what to do now?

60 REPLIES 60

MGB54
Dialled in
Hi
Have a look at my earlier posts.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mally_BUK, 

Thanks for your post 🙂 

In order to help you further with this one we will need the full error code. 

The Player is different to TV Anywhere so therefore will have different specifications in order to work. 

For the Sky Players you can find the requirements here: Requirements - Sky Desktop Players

Come back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Mally_BUK
On our wavelength

I'm making progress after fully uninstalling the Sky Sports Player and Cisco Videoguard yet again and re installing the App starts and I get a spinning wheel but nothing else........at least I now have something to watch

Hi

Had the same problems as you are having... for several weeks. (Windows 7 and IE 11)

I kept uninstalling and reinstalling virtually every day and managed to go through every Error Code that has been mentioned on this forum. Eventually I got the blue spinning wheel. Every time I uninstalled I did a full removal including going in to the 'Roaming' file and manually deleting  Sky and Cisco folders.

However, it suddenly started working .. and has kept working. I'm not sure what it was  that worked, or why, but here is a list of what I did.

Full uninstall.

Hard disc clean-up.

Windows update - but specifically any optional updates relating to my NVIDIA graphics card that hadn't been automatically downloaded.

Adobe Flash player update

Re- booted. Then reinstalled the Sky player and it worked.

Hope this helps.

I haven't made any changes to my PC and the player is now working fine. SkySports did say they would have it sorted before 8/9/17.

Good News I have finally got the Sky Player to work with IE11 on Windows 10 Laptop by doing the following:-

Uninstall the Sky Player using Windows Settings\Apps

Uninstall Cisco Videoguard using Windows Settings\Apps

Deleted the Sky-player Folder in the Users\Currentuser\AppData\Roaming Directory

Deleted the Sky Folder in the Users\Currentuser\AppData\Roaming Directory

Using Task Manager stopped the CiscoVideoGuardMonitor running

Deleted the Cisco Folder in the User\Currentuser\AppData\Local Directory

Restarted the Computer

Opened IE11 and logged onto Sky Virginmedia to watch Sky Sports

Downloaded the Sky Player

Opened up the Download Folder and ran the installer using "Run as Administrtor" right click

Ticked the Box "I have already installed the New Desktop Player" and hey presto it worked

I hope this works for others having similar problems

Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mally_BUK,

Thanks for posting a fix update for the Community!

I'm glad to hear you've managed to get The Sky Sports player working.

Pop back to the Community if you get any more trouble.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

For those of us who do not possess a degree in IT and therefore aren't prepared to go rummaging through files and folders on our PCs/laptops, is it possible that Sky might be able to provide us with a 'fix' to the problem that it instigated 3 months ago by forcing those who subscribe to its sports and movie packages through VM to download its desktop players?

Mally here seems to have been able to botch something together 'Blue Peter' style, but is it too far fetched to ask that Sky—with the money and resources at their disposal—are able to provide a service that works as it should (i.e. you click on what you want to watch and it appears, just like it does on the iPlayer and netfix)?

You are right about the botch job I was desperate..........never got a Blue Peter Badge for though must have forgot to use some sticky backed plastic and an empty washing up liquid bottle. I bet that gives you a clue of how old I am