cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Player still not working

Mally_BUK
On our wavelength

I saw there was a New Version of the Sky Sports Desktop Player and having not had any luck with getting the previous version to work I decided to uninstall it and try again. I decided to use IE11 and install Java as this works with the TV Anywhere App. This time after the install the Player starts with either Error Code 0 or has a spinning wheel but still no vision

Anyone have any ideas what to do now?

60 REPLIES 60

get an error when i try n watch it through cinema

had to do it through edge doesn't work on chrome lol

could be depending on your browser i did mine using chrome sometimes it could be using edge or IE, guess its a 50/50 if it does or not

Blue screen problem too. Are we all criticising Virgin when it's entirely Sky's fault or not?

(If it's the terrible Sky player only, then please get a new deal where Virgin users can view Sky Sports through Virgin's player.)

Possibly. But some of us also with issues watching within virgin go. But I think what we need from Virgin, in addition to a full explanation, is acknowledgement from them they are on this with sky and standing up for their customers. 

nwilliams942
Joining in

Try deleting the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\sky-player directory, replacing <username> with your own user name.

Then stop any running copies of the player and restart from the link on the Sky Sport web site.

Thanks, a real pain in the rear but at least it gets to SkySports.

Now if they could only get this fixed.

I've been struggling with the Sky Sports player for a couple of days now, It's been working fine for a while but decided to throw up errors, needed a login, then after doing some troubleshooting using some the of suggestions on this board, it still wouldn't work, it would launch the app but then it would be a blue screen

This afternoon however it's suddenly started to work "Hurrah" - but now i can't watch anything (apart from BBC as that's their own player) on Virgin go - it says i need to login, so click login .. page not found or not a secured connection  - plus the TV guide isn't loading properly, it doesn't show channel names - but does show a snapshot of what's being broadcast, co-incidence between the Sky Sports player starting to work again and Virgin Go not working ?

That's what im getting now 

There is a current issue with the TV on the go service.

The service has been down since early this afternoon.

Regards
Mark