cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Player still not working

Mally_BUK
On our wavelength

I saw there was a New Version of the Sky Sports Desktop Player and having not had any luck with getting the previous version to work I decided to uninstall it and try again. I decided to use IE11 and install Java as this works with the TV Anywhere App. This time after the install the Player starts with either Error Code 0 or has a spinning wheel but still no vision

Anyone have any ideas what to do now?

60 REPLIES 60

I have just tried that link and it doesn't work. I am just getting a blue screen after it opens and nothing happens. 

Same here, I just get a blue screen

Hi  - from a person attempting to view Sky Sports on a PC running IE 11 and Windows 7.

After 6 weeks with no Sky Sports, following the introduction of the new 'Sky Player' (during the summer last year) - and after  many hours talking to very unhelpful ... but well meaning..... people on the helplines at Sky and Virgin I was advised to go to this forum. So..... after many hours talking to a lot of people  on this forum, who had also talked to the same Sky and Virgin helplines.... just like myself... it seems that we all reached the conclusion that Sky Go is not very good and.... wait for it ... no one in Sky or Virgin are really bothered.

However, shortly after this six weeks of enforced abstinence from all live, expensive, cable provided professional sport ... and to my absolute delight ....the little rascal 'Sky Player' started working!! The video was jumpy and not very good quality... but at least I could see Norwich lose in all of there televised Championship matches.

Now before you say anything..... I know being able to see Norwich City FC might not be seen as a blessing by some ... or by most... but I was born there and it wasn't my fault!  If it was up to me I would have been born in Barcelona (its far too wet in Manchester).

Back to the point..... a few days ago I started to get an error message - ERROR 1949 - and I had to sign in again to keep watching... today after getting Error 1949 it goes straight to  Error 200 .... and now all I get is a big blue box without even a big rotating wheel !

The thing is I haven't done anything differently... I have the latest version of the Sky Player installed, which I have also uninstalled and re-installed....nothing else has changed on the computer .. nothing has been altered on the set up.

Ok, somebody take up the baton what should I do now? Yep I know.... leave Virgin.

I personally think the issue is with Sky and not Virgin. I could not fault Virgin in the time I've been with them. I don't think they have much power go get Sky to sort the issue out as there is nothing they can do as it's down to Sky to sort it out. 

hi i agree, think sky prefer it not working so people get so fed up with it they switch provider, just a thought 

Absolutely agree with you there. Although I personally wouldn' move to Sky just for this haha. I can watch it on the tv and don' really watch it in the internet. 

At least I'm not the only one then. Oops there has been an unexpected error when I try and sign in, and when it does let me, I have a blue screen and nothing else when I open the Sky Sports player. Been going on for 2 weeks now. Had nothing but problems with it. I have the BT Sports app and its flawless. They got it right having it integrated within Windows 10.

tlg86
Tuning in

I was using the Sky Sports player this morning and it was working fine. I went to put the cricket on it whilst having the football on the TV and couldn't get it to work (just had the blue box as described by others). I uninstalled it and started again and it still didn't work.

When I tried to login via the Virgin Media page it came up with an error message. I went to the following page:

http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices

It told me I had two Mac devices registered. Oddly, it says:

Please note that you can register up to 2 devices to watch Sky Cinema or Sky Sports, and then make 1 change per month.
You have 2 device changes available this month.

I don't own a Mac so that's weird. I deleted the two items but I still get the unexpected error message when I try to log into Sky Sports so I can't re-register my laptop.

I had a Mac assigned as well and don't think I've ever watched it on a Mac before haha. 

Same with me. 2 Mac devices registered and I have never owned one. I only ever use the Sky Sports App on my mobile and laptop so they are what I have registered. I still have to register them both every month as the app tells me I have registered my limit this month, even though I haven't changed any devices. The whole system is a complete mess up. If it wasn't for the fact I can watch Sky Sports on my TV, I wouldn't bother paying the £30 a month for the privilege of non stop hassle.