Menu
Highlighted
Mally_BUK
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Player not working

Well here we go again with the Sky Sports Player giving Error Codes preventing streaming of Sky Sports. Over the past few Days I have Had Error Code 9000 then the next Day Error Code 200 followed by Error Code 9500. I have tried all the Solutions I previously used with no effect i.e. uninstalling and re installing the Player etc but nothing works. Strangely I can still use it on my Desktop Computer in anther room but the Laptop fails every time.

I guess that's what we should expect for something they don't charge for but if it is constantly breaking then there's no point having it. I was thinking of cancelling the Sports Package as it's way too expensive for what I actually watch and If I can't stream to my Laptop whilst other people are watching the TV that makes it even less worth while!!!!!!!

This Forum has many Posts on this problem going back Months and still we are having the same problems?

0 Kudos
adamrombach
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Player not working

Hi hope this helps I've had annoying error for 2 weeks. I don't think this is limited to VM customers. The steps I took today are

Uninstall Sky Sports Player
Restart PC
Reinstall Sky Sports Player

Well this worked I'm watching Sky Sports PL on my laptop now. By the way I've used this process on occasions with the App on my phone
0 Kudos
ntmh01
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Player not working

I'm getting the same fault (VG-4227858841) when trying to use the Sky Sports App.

However, this is most definitely NOT a Virgin Media fault, as I have successfully installed the Sky Sports app on my iPhone and it works a treat. In fact, it works so well on the iPhone, I am going to get myself an iPad because even when the app was working on Windows, it was totally pants by comparison!!

The iPhone version totally flies, even with a 4G connection on the bus this morning. No lag, no buffering, no blue flaming circles!

As ever, the justification for spending extra on apple devices is justified by the fact that, well....they just work...end of story!

0 Kudos