cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Player error - CIE-2000

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi there,

I have been trying to use the Sky Sports player as a Virgin Media customer since Sunday, but I am continually given an error.

Please see the attachment. My internet is absolutely, definitely fine as this is my set up in work. I had to upgrade the player on Sunday. It worked fine for 20 minutes and then turned off and hasn't come back on since.I have tried the usual of uninstalling, re-installing and restarting.

I have also done some research on Sky' forum but the steps there don't work and it's no analysis of what the problem actually is. It worked fine until the player update. I am not getting anywhere with this I'm afraid and so if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dan

sky sports error.JPG

97 REPLIES 97

Hi,

Whenever I try to use Virgin TV Go to watch any of the sky channels, I get an error message when the Sky Sports Player app loads up.

It is CIE-2000, the same as Dan in this thread.

I am using internet explorer on one laptop, and safari on another laptop and the problem occurs for both.

To be honest, even before this issue (only being present for a few months), I was having a lot of issues with Virgin TV Go. It was always 50/50 whether the stream would load on the Sky Player, and usually it required me to try it about 4 or 5 times before it would come on. This would mean I'd have to log out of sky and virgin, and go through the process each time.

I don't seem to be getting the problem with non-sky channels, which leads me to believe it is a Sky issue. However, our plan is with Virgin and therefore your responsibility to get in touch with Sky and sort the problem. Part of our plan includes Virgin TV Go so the fact that is partially unusable is a significant issue.

I am not going to be as patient as Dan has been, so if this doesn't get resolved soon then we will be taking our business elsewhere. We currently pay around £100 a month for our Virgin package, so this issue either needs to be fixed, or our monthly bill reduced to compensate for the inability to use some of Virgin TV Go.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi liamj5,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this. 

I will private message you so I can look into this for you. 

^Martin

DeeDay
On our wavelength

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Error-code-CIE-2000-Sky-Sports-desktop-app/td-p/3031635

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Sky-sports-player-not-working-since-update/m-p/2959113

So I'm still having the exact same issue as Danjt1984 and this has been going on for just as long.

Problem I have is that Virgin are the only port of contact for me and, strangely enough, the 2 posts above that I made on the Sky forums about this issue have been removed/deleted by Sky as if nothing is going on.

Something needs to be done and unfortunately for you guys Virgin, it will have to come your way as Sky are burying their heads in the sand!!

danjt1984
On our wavelength

For those of you encountering the same issues as I am, try whitelisting this URL:

desktop.client.ott.sky.com

That is the advice I have been given so far - I am not able to do that currently as my office is undergoing the world's slowest firewall upgrade. I hope it works for everyone else. 

Though it might well be the slowest upgrade in history, the firewall upgrade has done the trick and this is now resolved. I'm sorry I can't be of more help to those suffering with the same issue.

Thanks to those of you who have helped me - the support for me and others hasn't been anything like good enough, but that's not a failure of the forum team. Hopefully the next time Sky change their player, this doesn't happen again.

Thanks,
Dan

Was this issue resolved for you by the firewall upgrade or by you whitelisting the URL you gave?

I am having the same problem with my work laptop

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for the post Bradleyjc8 and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you've tried any of the things listed above to resolve this? 

If on a work laptop employers sometimes block websites on these, please ensure that the laptop doesn't block this.

Let us know how these go. 

Thank you, Emily.

Hi.

It was the firewall that resolved it in the end. Definitely try and whitelist the URL too but speak to your work IT department.