cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Player error - CIE-2000

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi there,

I have been trying to use the Sky Sports player as a Virgin Media customer since Sunday, but I am continually given an error.

Please see the attachment. My internet is absolutely, definitely fine as this is my set up in work. I had to upgrade the player on Sunday. It worked fine for 20 minutes and then turned off and hasn't come back on since.I have tried the usual of uninstalling, re-installing and restarting.

I have also done some research on Sky' forum but the steps there don't work and it's no analysis of what the problem actually is. It worked fine until the player update. I am not getting anywhere with this I'm afraid and so if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dan

sky sports error.JPG

97 REPLIES 97

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi Dean,

I've not had a call, e-mail (my specified and preferred manner of communication) or letter about this and today is day 28. If you could please take a closer look at the complaint status for me, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply danjt1984, 

I have now sent you a private message. so I can take a closer look at your account. 

Regards,

Dean C

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi Dean.

Thanks for the update. I have replied to your message.

Dan

Thank you danjt1984, 

I will reply to the private message now. 

Regards,

Dean C 

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi forum team,

Unfortunately I have yet to receive any response to my complaint. This is far, far in excess of the 28 days. I was told I'd be receiving a letter last week but that hasn't happened.

Can someone please tell me what's going on?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

Apologies for the delayed response. 

Please can you check your private messages as I have just replied to the last one. 

Regards,

Dean C

Any update on this?

I am having the same problem and have tried all of the troubleshooting as well.

danjt1984
On our wavelength
Unfortunately not.

I am awaiting a deadlock letter from Virgin who seemingly just want me off their plate. I have had the same back and forth on direct message with Dean, who is being very helpful, but the IT team at both sides of both Virgin and Sky just don't care.

I asked this question on here on August again and again via DM 3 weeks ago - what ports and what specific URL do I need to request to be whitelisted? My IT team are super, super confident the issue is not our end but are still willing to indulge Sky's line of questioning.

Sky's tactic seems to be to ignore me and hope I go away - I won't. Virgin have handled this poorly but all they can do is ask questions. Sky are now the ones being discourteous and I'll be citing their behaviour when I escalate this.

Hi liamj5,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you're having issues with the Sky Sports. Can you elaborate on how you are trying to use it please and we can assist further? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Just to update people out there who are still experiencing this 12 months on - I am still waiting for Sky to respond to a question I asked months ago - all someone needs to do is tell me which ports and which URL needs to be whitelisting and I can see if it's something my side. But nobody is willing to give me this information for whatever reason.