cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Player error - CIE-2000

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi there,

I have been trying to use the Sky Sports player as a Virgin Media customer since Sunday, but I am continually given an error.

Please see the attachment. My internet is absolutely, definitely fine as this is my set up in work. I had to upgrade the player on Sunday. It worked fine for 20 minutes and then turned off and hasn't come back on since.I have tried the usual of uninstalling, re-installing and restarting.

I have also done some research on Sky' forum but the steps there don't work and it's no analysis of what the problem actually is. It worked fine until the player update. I am not getting anywhere with this I'm afraid and so if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dan

sky sports error.JPG

97 REPLIES 97

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi John,

The forum team have tried their hardest but I expect no further help here - I will keep updating this thread to let other people know how the complaint goes and if someone is actually going to do something about this. Nothing against you or anyone who has tried to help me here.

Thanks,
Dan

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi DeeDay,

Have you tried this recently?

Something has changed. It's still completely broken, and there's still no rush to help, but I have had it say "Loading" quite a few times in the last week. It still errors out with the same accursed message but it actually looks like it's thinking about it. It looks to me like Sky isn't reading my Virgin details, which I have said all along. It did work last Sunday but I haven't got it work since and I can't today either, another day of the Ashes lost. 

DeeDay
On our wavelength

Hi Dan,

Still not working for me. Have tried it with both a virgin media log in account and a sky log in account and nothing works for me at all!

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi forum team,

I now need to make a complaint about the complaint.

I raised my original complaint on the 19th August. It's now the 15th September. I accept there may be some kind of wait in a company of Virgin Media's size but nearly a month for a complaint to be handled? This is very poor service.

Can I please ask for this to be escalated?

Hi danjt1984,

As per our code of practice here we do advise it can be upto 28 days to be in touch with an offer of a resolution.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi John,

Thanks for your response. Today is day 27. Tomorrow will be day 28. Unless there's going to be a response some time today (which there won't be because it's a Sunday) then my point stands and I'd like this escalated, even if it's tomorrow that you have to do it.

Thanks,
Dan

I am sorry you feel this way, however, as it's not our app, then you'd need to the developer, as we have no control.

If you do wish to escalate the complaint, please do call the team and they'll be able to do this for you.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi John,

Again, I reject that resolution. I have spoken to Sky who have sent me to Virgin. And as a Virgin customer I expect Virgin to stand up for me. I STILL don't have an answer to a question I asked on this forum 2 months ago because Virgin don't care enough about my issue.

I frankly feel as though this is being treated with zero priority and it is most discourteous. I don't want to speak to anybody on the phone, I requested email contact and I expect email contact which to be fair you're not to know.

Can you please confirm if someone from the forum team can access the complaint details? If not then I'm just going to go straight to the resolver because I'm frankly fed up of this. This has been going on for 9 months.  Feel free to blame the developer of the app - I don't pay them, I pay Virgin and Virgin need to up their game and do something to try and help me instead of just ignoring me.

Virgin's attitude in general to the Sky Player problems is totally out of order. If their stance is that it is Sky's player and Sky's problem, then they should stop advertising the function as a feature of their packages, but of course they won't as then people would be put off signing up. If they are advertising it as a feature then the least they can do is act as a go-between and sort it out, or take it off their package.

I think a complaint to OFCOM by multiple people could be the only course of action.

Hi danjt1984, 

I'm sorry that you have rejected the resolution John has offered to you. 

If you have not received a call from us in the last 28 days then you will now receive a letter from us regarding your case. 

Once you have received this you then have the option to request a deadlock letter so that you can have your complaint reviewed by an independent adjudicator. 

Please let me know if you would like me to take a closer look at your complaint status and I will be able to send you a private message. 

Kind regards, 

Dean C