cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Player error - CIE-2000

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi there,

I have been trying to use the Sky Sports player as a Virgin Media customer since Sunday, but I am continually given an error.

Please see the attachment. My internet is absolutely, definitely fine as this is my set up in work. I had to upgrade the player on Sunday. It worked fine for 20 minutes and then turned off and hasn't come back on since.I have tried the usual of uninstalling, re-installing and restarting.

I have also done some research on Sky' forum but the steps there don't work and it's no analysis of what the problem actually is. It worked fine until the player update. I am not getting anywhere with this I'm afraid and so if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dan

sky sports error.JPG

97 REPLIES 97

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi John,

I am hoping to catch the Lancashire vs Essex match tonight, so I'll report back with my findings. It is certainly not working with any kind of reliability which means my issue is still very, very much open and my complaint still stands as I've not been treated well at all. I'll let you know how I go on tonight.

Thanks,
Dan

Please keep me posted how you get on Dan. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi John,

Been trying for the last hour, tried everything I did to eventually sledgehammer my way through it like I did on Sunday. No dice unfortunately. Something has changed, the player definitely takes longer to load and a few times I thought it was going to work but eventually it just displayed the error. Previously it has displayed the error pretty quickly.

Still very much ongoing, sadly.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan, can you try and delete/reinstall the app? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi John,

I've tried that a hundred million times since February and as recently an hour ago - it has no impact I'm afraid. This is a deep seated problem.

Thanks,
Dan

Can you clear all cache/cookies for me? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi John,

I've tried this across multiple browsers. The issue still stands I'm afraid.

Thanks,
Dan

No worries Dan. I'd speak to the developer of the app then in this case, as there sadly wouldn't be further we can advise. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi John,

I thank you for trying to help, but sorry, as I have done earlier in this thread, I reject that resolution and won't accept it. I expect Virgin to stand up for me and the other customers who have reported this issue and liaise with Sky about sorting this out. I am not the only person who has suffered this issue and I will continue to fight for something to be done about it. I don't know who is at fault, I just know it is over 6 months of buck passing and it's not good enough.

I have made a formal complaint about this whole issue and I will await the outcome of that but I will not go away - I am a Virgin customer and I expect Virgin to stand up for me.

Thanks,
Dan

I am sorry you feel this way Dan, but as it's not our player or app there sadly isn't much further we can advise you from here. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team