cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Player error - CIE-2000

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi there,

I have been trying to use the Sky Sports player as a Virgin Media customer since Sunday, but I am continually given an error.

Please see the attachment. My internet is absolutely, definitely fine as this is my set up in work. I had to upgrade the player on Sunday. It worked fine for 20 minutes and then turned off and hasn't come back on since.I have tried the usual of uninstalling, re-installing and restarting.

I have also done some research on Sky' forum but the steps there don't work and it's no analysis of what the problem actually is. It worked fine until the player update. I am not getting anywhere with this I'm afraid and so if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dan

sky sports error.JPG

97 REPLIES 97

DeeDay
On our wavelength

I'm keeping my eye on this just as you are danjt1984 as my IT department haven't got a clue whats going on. Especially considering everything was working fine up until this "new" skysports player arrived!

danjt1984
On our wavelength

As a further update to this, a member of our IT team has again sat and looked at all the settings. Nothing is out of place here. However, they have a question, which I will direct to the forum team.

Can you please confirm which ports should be open for this player to work in an enterprise environment?

Thanks,
Dan

danjt1984
On our wavelength
This is the exact same as me - it was working fine until the update in January and I haven't got close to a solution since. This ticket is one of the biggest reference points to the error!

Hello,

Could someone please follow up on this question for me?

Can you please confirm which ports should be open for this player to work in an enterprise environment?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi danjt1984,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see this is still ongoing,

We are aware of this issue, this has been logged with Sky and we are working with them to see if this can be resolved.

I understand you've spoken to a member of our team regarding the above question and our IT team are yet to come back to us with an answer.

Hopefully we will be able to provide you with an answer soon but the onus on this matter is like to land with Sky

Kindest regards

David_Bn 

Hi David,

Thanks for the update. I've had nothing back and so I am going to have to make a complaint I'm afraid. Not about an individual as the forum team are as welcoming and helpful as can be, but about the whole situation.

I have missed half of the football season (which has since re-started), almost all of the rugby league season, all of the cricket world cup and now the Ashes. I have waited patiently for this to be looked at since February. It is September in 2 weeks. I'm afraid this can go on no longer. I don't know if it's Virgin's fault, I don't know if it's Sky's fault but I know that ultimately I am the one suffering here along with the other people who are encountering this message. I haven't asked for money back, or refunds or stamped my feet about going to OFCOM. I just want to watch my Sky Sports player.

Please provide me with information as to how I can raise a complaint.

Thanks,
Dan

I am in the exact same predicament, Using firefox on my computer and since the update i am receiving the same error code but yet it works on my mobile phone. Please can you hurry up and resolve the situation.

I've made a complaint so I am hopeful this will get more eyes on it. The lack of urgency with this has been very, very disappointing from all parties.

Just to update those of us suffering with this, something strange has gone on.

For the first time in months I was able to watch the player on Thursday night and was able to watch Salford vs Warrington in the rugby. I returned to work today 1st September and the player worked until 2pm and I was able to watch the Old Firm match.

Annoyingly, at full time of that match I tried to switch channels without closing the player but kept getting a different error - 0000. I had to close the player to try and open Sky Sports Premier League and guess what? CIE-2000 is back .

2 weeks on I have not heard anything back from my complaint but there has been life today - but of course not on my terms.

Hi danjt1984,

How's the app been since posting?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill