cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Player error - CIE-2000

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi there,

I have been trying to use the Sky Sports player as a Virgin Media customer since Sunday, but I am continually given an error.

Please see the attachment. My internet is absolutely, definitely fine as this is my set up in work. I had to upgrade the player on Sunday. It worked fine for 20 minutes and then turned off and hasn't come back on since.I have tried the usual of uninstalling, re-installing and restarting.

I have also done some research on Sky' forum but the steps there don't work and it's no analysis of what the problem actually is. It worked fine until the player update. I am not getting anywhere with this I'm afraid and so if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dan

sky sports error.JPG

97 REPLIES 97

CelestialSphere
Tuning in

Sorry I am not sure I can help much, but answering these questions might help someone at VM or Sky help quicker.

What operating system and version are you using?

I am sure your internet is fine, but from your message it seems you are implying the error message says there is some kind of connection issue (if not, could you post any error message that is displayed with the error code?). If it is a connection issue but you can still access the internet normally, I wonder if maybe you are using a VPN (maybe for a work connection)? If you are, maybe try turning it off and seeing if that works.

It might also be useful to say which country you are in, I am not sure if there are any limitations/restrictions outside of the UK/EU which may cause the app to not load.

You have said that you followed the steps in the Sky post that you linked, but I just wanted to confirm that you have tried the most recent suggestion of temporarily disabling any firewall/virus protections and seeing if that works?

One final thing, if it starts working again, it would be useful to update this thread for the benefit of other people who may be having the same problem. The post on the Sky forum seems to have gone quiet which implies that maybe their issues were only temporary or they at least managed to fix the issue themselves.

Hi,

Thanks for replying - this already is more help than I've got from Sky, who directed me to a series of completely unrelated help articles for Sky Go.

I am on Windows 7 Enterprise - I have no way to find out what version, sorry. That screenshot is the only error code I am getting. As best I know, I am not using a VPN and I am based in England. I can't rule a VPN out - however I would be surprised because it was working fine until I upgraded the player. The problems have only started since I upgraded to the latest version. This has caused issues as per the thread on Sky but their steps didn't help me and nobody has followed up.

I haven't disabled the firewall because I can't, I would need to ask the IT department to check that for me though I am getting to the point where I might need to get them involved to make sure there's not a changed security setting or similar.

I will most certainly follow up if I find out anything and again, thank you for your help.

Hi,

This has been marked as solved for some reason - but that's not the case. I am still encountering this issue unfortunately.

Thanks.

adking
Settling in

Having the same issue

Really frustrating 

danjt1984
On our wavelength

I asked the IT department to look into this for me - they have not fixed it but this update requires more ports than the player has done previously.

It looks like this has caused a lot of issues for people - someone in my office who is a Sky customer gets the exact same issue. The player update is the issue here, but I don't know what exactly.

Hi danjt1984,

Thanks for posting, sorry for the delayed reply and for the TV app issues.

Are you still experiencing issues? If so, please let me know and I can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi John,

Thanks for coming back to me. This issue is still ongoing I'm afraid.

Thanks,
Dan

Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there. Really sorry to hear this. 

Is this through the app or is this on a browser?

Thanks

Ben_N

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi Ben,

I log onto Sky Sports via Firefox (I have tried all three browsers on, for example, this link https://www.skysports.com/watch/sky-sports-arena) and then launch the Sky Sports Player app. This is mandated on me unfortunately by the player, I have no choice. It worked fine until the last update.

Thanks,
Dan