cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Error Code on multiple devices

jlafc15
Joining in
  • I tried to watch Sky Sports on my laptop. I logged on as a Virgin customer. Sky opened up ok but after a few seconds I got an error code. Apparently this is due to them blocking the signal if you have a recording device on the laptop. I had an video editing program on the laptop so I thought ok I don't want to record Sky Sports just watch it so I tried my son's laptop. I did this and even though this laptop has no recording or editing software it gets the same error code on Sky Sports. So is Sky now blocking my email login for all Sky Sports on all Laptop devices? It does still work on my phone.
4 REPLIES 4

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @jlafc15

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with watching Sky sports. 

Please could you let me know the error message you are getting? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Just tried again. Uninstalled Sky on the laptop and reinstalled. Tried and it played for a few seconds then gave the following error code.

VGC-4253024462:4253024462

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jlafc15 

That error code has frequently popped up on VM and Now TV forums.

Often it's the Windows Snipping Tool that's the culprit, or any other similar program that can take screenshots or record the screen. 

Sky are paranoid that people will use it as a means of avoiding a subscription for a second screen.

It can also be caused by Zoom, Skype, Photoshop, nVidia Experience, a browser extension for screen shots,  screen sharing, or even a web camera

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for coming back to us @jlafc15, as @newapollo advised the issues can be caused by any of those applications that you may have, have you been able to remove or disable those applications and tried to watch Sky Sports?

Regards,

Steven_L