cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Desktop Player for PC not Loading

Harveypotter
On our wavelength

Hi, to watch Sky Sports on my laptop nowadays Sky make you download and install a Desktop Player onto your PC. 

After downloading and installing, I can’t get the software to load up. After installing the cursor spins for a few seconds and then just goes dead.

Have tried all sorts: downloading from all the different browsers, re-installing, turning virus software (Windows Defender) off, turning firewalls off. It just won’t load up.

Anyone had any similar problems and got a fix? I need to watch sky sports on my laptop through my account with Virgin.

Running Windows 10 Home.

thanks , HP

47 REPLIES 47

Thanks for coming back to us @Harveypotter.

Can you find 'VideoGuard' in any other folders?

Regards,

Steven_L

I've done a search in all 'AppData' folders, no, 'VideoGuard' returns no hits.

FYI: because I followed Laurie_C's previous guidance and uninstalled the player. Just rebooted and re-installed. No change, still the same as ever, won't load up 😞

Thanks for coming back to us @Harveypotter.

Do you have an Android or iphone that you could try that version of the app on, so that we can rule out your account login as a cause?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, works absolutely fine on that log in details on my iPhone. Thank goodness!

Afraid that doesn't work for me either. 

Have tried all the suggestions in this thread and even checked registry with a registry cleaner after the uninstall too. 

It works perfectly on iOS device - just not on this laptop. 

Hello alexkantor87

Can I please ask what PC you are using?

Gareth_L

You didn’t ask me specifically, but given I’m keen to get this resolved finally (!) I’m using a Toshiba DynaBook with windows 10 if it helps you any. Thanks 

Hello its:

Lenovo x1 Carbon 

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA243
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎27/‎05/‎2021
OS build 19043.1110
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Hi Harveypotter

That's great for letting us know 

Have you looked at downloading the desktop player  App that Sky Have released for Windows 10 and Macs

Gareth_L