cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Desktop Player for PC not Loading

Harveypotter
On our wavelength

Hi, to watch Sky Sports on my laptop nowadays Sky make you download and install a Desktop Player onto your PC. 

After downloading and installing, I can’t get the software to load up. After installing the cursor spins for a few seconds and then just goes dead.

Have tried all sorts: downloading from all the different browsers, re-installing, turning virus software (Windows Defender) off, turning firewalls off. It just won’t load up.

Anyone had any similar problems and got a fix? I need to watch sky sports on my laptop through my account with Virgin.

Running Windows 10 Home.

thanks , HP

47 REPLIES 47

Sorry Steven mis read your second qu.

thats the issue. Nowadays you can’t watch sky sports within the browsers any longer. They make you download a desktop player onto your pc and watch it through that.

only problem is the software you download from their site is impossible to install

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Harveypotter,

I am sorry about this I understand that this is frustrating I would advise getting in touch with Sky regarding this, it is very temperamental. With mine at home I redownload this anytime I want to watch it on my laptop. Please keep us posted on this.

Cheers, Zoie

9 months later, I still can't get it to work.

Hello Harveypotter

Thanks for your reply 

As this is an app with Sky we are not able to help anymore than we have 

Sky just give us access for Virgin Media Customers 

We are not trying to lay the blame, But the actual player would need to be investigated by the company that owns it 

Gareth_L

@harveypotter - did you manage to get this to work at all? I'm having the exact same issue as you. Would be grateful for any threads / links that helped. It was working for me - suddenly stopped. V.Annoying!

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @alexkantor87,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry that you're also having this issue.

Could you please try following these steps?

- Uninstall the Sky Sports Player app

- Type 'run' in the search bar and open the 'Run' app

- Type in '%AppData%' and click 'OK'

- Delete the 'Sky Sports' folders

- Click back on 'AppData' and go into the 'LocalLow' folder

- Click on the 'Cisco' folder, then the 'VideoGuard' folder

- Delete the 'SKY_GB-SKY_SKYSPORTS' folder

- Restart you computer

- Download the Sky Sports Player app again.

Please let me know if this helps!

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

No, I’ve tried everything, nothing works. It’s been broken on my pc for months now. Sigh!

Not tried that Laurie C guidance above though. Give that a try

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi guys,

Please do let me know how you get on with the guidance given in my previous message, I know that a few customer's have had some success with this method recently.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Laurie C: thanks, but I don’t have a Cisco folder in LocalLow to delete.